- Nogales, Mexico
Collins Aerospace is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together Rockwell Collins and UTC Aerospace Systems, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers' toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
At Collins Aerospace, our Interiors team is focused on innovation, safety and cost efficiency. But we don't just get people from point A to point B. We're committed to making air travel more comfortable, connected and secure. As a leader in aviation interior products and services, we're helping airlines and original equipment manufacturers create a positive experience for their customers. With offices and manufacturing facilities in more than 12 states across the U.S. and more than 10 countries around the globe, we're changing the game of aircraft interiors. Are you ready to join our team?
As a leader in the aerospace industry, we are growing rapidly and have a number of exciting positions available right now, including a Master Scheduler role within our Nogales, Mexico Composites facility.
Reporting to the Vice President & General Manager, the Master Scheduler will plan and prepare production schedules for manufacture of business or commercial products.
- Creates a master schedule to establish sequence and lead time of each operation to meet shipping dates according to sales forecasts or customer orders.
- Forecasts the (aggregate) demand for the business units; monitoring the production and supply chain workloads and capacities; producing a master production schedule to control and pace both internal production and the external supply chain
- Analyzes production specifications and plant capacity data and performs mathematical calculations to determine manufacturing processes, tools and human resource requirements.
- Plans and schedules workflow for each department and operation according to established manufacturing sequences and lead times.
- Evaluates status and reports the problem areas to supervisor and management considering trends and giving recommendations for corrective actions.
- Monitors and maintains accurate ERP data (BoMs, product structure, routings, lead-time synthetics). Acts as the custodian of ERP for the business unit.
- Confers with department managers to determine status of assigned projects.
- Expedites operations that delay schedules and alters schedules to meet unforeseen conditions.
- Improves forecasting tools and procedures through application of innovative ideas and projects.
- Collects, organizes and distributes lists of required materials, tools and equipment for production
- Monitors material and labor budget vs actual.
- Interfaces with all functions at all levels in creation and maintenance of schedule data including activity status gathering in status meetings.
- Analyzes historical program performance data to develop schedule and cost estimates in response to requests for proposals. Prepares supportive data to be used in master schedule change review, negotiations, audit and fact-findings.
- Assists in the resolution of MRP and planning discrepancies.
- Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) in an engineering or business discipline from an accredited four-year college or university.
- 7 years of applicable experience working in one of the following in a manufacturing environment: planner, scheduler, production control, buyer, program management and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Scheduling/Planning experience in aerospace industry
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications
- Intermediate math and organizational problem solving skills
- Experience using an ERP System, preferably JDE or SAP
- Project Management experience
- APICS or CPIM Certification
- Prior experience with Inventory Control
- Bi-lingual in Spanish/English
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; talk or hear; and required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Back to top