Manufacturing/Electrical Engineering Intern (Summer 2021)
- Wilson, NC
United States of America
HSK02: Kidde Aerospace 4200 Airport Drive,NW, Wilson, NC, 27896 USA
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers' toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Our Avionics team advances aviation electronics and information management solutions for commercial and military customers across the world. That means we're helping passengers reach their destination safely. We're connecting aircraft operators, airports, rail and critical infrastructure with intelligent data service solutions that keep passengers, flight crews and militaries connected and informed. And we're providing industry-leading fire protection and safety systems that our customers can count on when it matters most. Are you ready to learn from the most knowledgeable experts in the industry, develop the technologies of tomorrow and reach new heights in your career? Join our Avionics team today.
This position is for a Professional in Manufacturing Engineering. Participates in the design and arrangement of machines and sequence of operations, and may check that mandatory modifications are incorporated to ensure legal compliance.
• Participates in the design and arrangement of machines within plant facilities to ensure more efficient and productive layout.
• May propose the sequence of operations and installations and supports in specifying procedures for fabrication of tools and equipment and other processes which may include disassembly/assembly and repairs, to ensure efficiency and optimize performance.
• Participates in the development of manufacturing processes that are applicable to statistical process control to ensure compliance and effective production.
• May check and validate that mandatory modifications, programs, and bulletins are incorporated or complied with, as required by the customer and the applicable regulatory requirements, to ensure legal compliance and adherence to quality standards.
• Designs and develops manufacturing processes for products, taking into consideration problems inherent in the transfer of technology from research to manufacturing.
• Such design and development may include new or revised processes.
• Develops procedures for the economical mass production in cooperation with pilot-plant and production departments.
• Conducts tests and measurements throughout stages of production to determine control over applicable variables; and services, troubleshoots and solves production process problems with processes or equipment already in operation.
• Reviews field support requirements and recommends tools and test equipment.
• Determines maintenance and repair materials required for deployment.
• May make recommendations concerning acquisition and use of new technological equipment and materials.
- Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent and student must be pursuing a Bachelor's or advanced degree in an applicable discipline.
- Must be a U.S. Person/Permanent Resident "Green Card" holder.
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form - with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that's redefining aerospace, every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Back to top