Manufacturing Engineering Intern (Summer 2021)
- Winston Salem, NC
United States of America
HNC33: US097-Winston-Salem (Westpoint 2599 Empire Drive , Winston-Salem, NC, 27103 USA
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers' toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
At Collins Aerospace, our Interiors team is focused on innovation, safety and cost efficiency. But we don't just get people from point A to point B. We're committed to making air travel more comfortable, connected and secure. As a leader in aviation interior products and services, we're helping airlines and original equipment manufacturers create a positive experience for their customers. With offices and manufacturing facilities in more than 12 states across the U.S. and more than 10 countries around the globe, we're changing the game of aircraft interiors. Are you ready to join our team?
The intern will be responsible for operational engineering control changes, as well as the creation and implementation of process improvements within the assembly environment.
- Assist operational floor with the day to day activities.
- Control the introduction of Engineering Design changes into production.
- Ensure the accuracy of Manufacturing Bills of Materials.
- Improve where appropriate shop floor processes and control systems to optimize material flow.
- Identify the need for appropriate assembly tooling, jigs and fixtures etc. to enhance productivity.
- Assist in the introduction of lean manufacturing process improvements and cost reduction initiatives.
- Other duties as required to support business needs.
- This position requires candidates to be, at a minimum, in their sophomore year of study in the appropriate engineering discipline (Manufacturing, Mechanical, Aerospace or relevant field ).
- A minimum of a 3.0 GPA is required to be considered for this position.
- Ability to Identify and work on improvements in the Manufacturing Process for the assigned areas.
- Ability to read and interpret specifications and engineering drawings/models.
- Read, write, speak and understand work instructions both verbal and written, perform basic math calculations and conduct self-inspection / audit.
- Ability to multitask, problem solve, and manage resources along with effective time management and organizational skills.
- Intermediate knowledge of various MS Office software.
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form - with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that's redefining aerospace, every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Back to top