Manufacturing Engineering Intern (Summer 2021)
- La Mirada, CA
United States of America
HCA11: Brea H&W 2727 Imperial Highway, Brea, CA, 92821 USA
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers' toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
The high quality products we design, test and produce in our Mechanical Systems help millions of passengers reach their destinations safely - every day! From landing systems and actuation to propellers, flight controls and hoist and winch - the products we manufacture work together behind the scenes to enhance the overall flight experience. We delight our customers with superior products and best-in-class service. Our global team is committed to continuous improvement - we work hard to make our solutions lighter-weight, stronger and more technically advanced, so that plane travel can be safer, more affordable and more sustainable in the years to come. We are looking for the best and brightest to fly and land with us!
The Goodrich Hoist and Winch division of Collins Aerospace Systems produces both level wind and translating drum cable management systems used around the world for critical rescue missions by the U.S. and international armed and paramilitary forces, law enforcement, and homeland security. Our rescue hoists have field-proven success in high demand, extreme environment missions and have been instrumental in saving lives in several worldwide disaster relief efforts. Goodrich Hoist and Winch has a continuous operating history of over 140 years since our beginnings as Western Gear Corporation.
This position is an intern Manufacturing Engineer. Analyzes operations information and makes changes to procedures as needed to solve problems and improve efficiency.
- Implement a systematic approach to updating existing production routers; establish and implement a configuration management process for the M.E team
- Analyzes sequence of operations, revises work router electronic paperwork, uploads to server.
- Collects data of machine and operator performance to analyze for trends and create improvement plans
- Document and create standard work within the M.E team to standardize tasks and daily operations
- Address and close EH&S issues, compress closure of EH&S risks and issues, help drive ergonomics to mitigate injuries on the shop floor
- Drive implementation of new electronic-based production software program
- Develops manufacturing processes that are applicable to statistical process control, and may develop those techniques.
- Participate in product development and site manufacturing equipment activities including cost estimates, implementation of standard specifications, and development of performance or maintenance requirements.
- Champion a culture of continuous improvement and help drive standard work across the shop floor by performing time observations and creating operator percent loads
- Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent and student must be pursuing a Bachelor's or advanced degree in an applicable discipline.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form - with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that's redefining aerospace, every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Back to top