Manufacturing Engineering Co-Op (Summer/Fall 2021)
- Chula Vista, CA
United States of America
HCA21: Aerostructures - Chula Vista 850 Lagoon Blvd, Chula Vista, CA, 91910 USA
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers' toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Collins Aerospace's Aerostructures business is a world leader in the design, manufacture, integration and support of nacelles -- the aerodynamic structures which house aircraft engines. Our nacelle technologies improve fuel efficiency, reduce engine noise and supply critical stopping power when an airplane lands. Today, our innovative nacelle systems are featured on many of the world's newest and most game-changing commercial, regional and business jet platforms. And we're not stopping there: we're working hard to create the next generation of nacelles that are greener, quieter and more efficient. In addition, our Engineered Polymer Products division is a leading developer and manufacturer of advanced, high-performance composite and elastomeric structures and products for marine applications. Whether in the air or underwater, we're pushing the limits of innovation. Want to join us on this important journey?
The Manufacturing Engineering intern will shadow and partner with the Manufacturing and Producibility Engineers supporting operations sites across Collins Aerostructures.
- Sequence on manufacturing process and product builds, with compliance to EH&S and Quality requirements
- Design and arrangement of machines of the manufacturing process (layout)
- Improve manufacturing processes/ products to achieve producibility (managing tool orders, shop aid design, etc.)
- Implement process upgrades by applying various engineering applications such as: robotics and automation.
- Identify opportunities on drawings and specs to influence changes to engineering designs and line balancing
- Participate in tool design reviews to ensure tools are feasible and reduce build times and program costs during fabrication .
- Uses data analytics / SPC for productivity, First Pass Yield and OEE targets and improvement.
- Drive problem solving initiatives & challenge status quo
- Creation and maintains manufacturing process documents (routings, BOM, Visual aids, Std work, etc).
- Participate on digital manufacturing solutions with support from Digital subject matter experts
- Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent and student must be pursuing a Bachelor's or advanced degree in an applicable discipline.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form - with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that's redefining aerospace, every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Back to top