Manager, Regional IT
- Heidelberg, Germany
Who we are
At Collins Aerospace, we work side-by-side with our customers to tackle the toughest challenges in aerospace and defense. We're combining boundless imagination with a broad portfolio and an unmatched dedication to customers - all to make the skies and spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever.
Our site in Heidelberg has the following core competencies:
- Avionics Systems
- On-board electronics for land vehicles
- Products for the aerospace industry
We have established ourselves as a leading supplier of customized electronics solutions for the aerospace and defense industries. Collins Aerospace in Heidelberg supplies integrated navigation and communications systems for a wide range of military applications and is a global leader in satellite reaction wheel technology.
We are redefining aerospace.
- Builds and maintains effective relations between business segment(s) in order to ensure success in meeting corporate and business unit goals and objectives.
- Viewed as a consultant to the business and performance is measured by accuracy forecasted project results and responsiveness to business needs. Shares responsibility for the development and implementation of the strategic plans for the department /site or sub-region.
- Focused on improving business value by DT solutions. Formulates business needs from yearly financial plan/forecast and strategic business plan. Formulates DT projects that increase productivity, user experience, or support margin and revenue growth opportunities.
- Balances capacity between day to day DT operations and maintenance, issue resolution, cyber security, compliance, business integration activities and DT projects.
- Contributes to DT strategy and implements roadmaps for systems and support throughout an organization, organization unit, or portion of the company.
- Leads DT strategy for particular DT services within 1 or more international sub regions, making sure the regional strategy is in line with the global strategy.
- Develops and manages DT (multiple) site budgets under area of control including operating budget of up to EUR 3M and Capital budget of EUR 0.5M.
- Manages business continuity and recovery of company's information systems, software and processes, including needs analysis, design, plan development, implementation and documentation.
- Play a key role ensuring legal and customer compliance within regional and German framework.
- While collaborating with enterprise DT and regional DT teams to ensure alignment on strategy and service delivery, being responsible for analyzing, implementing and maintaining/supporting of business application systems
- Has direct oversight of (multi-)site functions including: data center operations, cloud services, database management, data security, server operations, client operations, storage, helpdesk, Basis administration, Web servers, messaging, infrastructure architecture, deskside operations, telecommunications (data and voice), applications development, contract review, change management, audit, project management, quality control and training.
- Assists with the implementation of software development standards and program documentation requirements.
- Responsible for successful management of partners and related performance, including outsourcing partners which may be engaged to provide several DT services.
- Responsible for workforce planning, management and development. Selects, develops and coaches internal staff and contractors to ensure efficient DT services as well continuity planning for leaders and individuals. Leads a team of 12-14 professionals, interns and contractors and/or subordinated managers.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in information technology/computer science or comparable studies with minimum 6 years of experience
- Experience in managing a team is required
- Good communication and team work as part of the international DT and Heidelberg team.
- As much as possible independent work habits
- Self-motivated to contribute to a positive work environment
- Good command of the English language in speech and writing
Be part of our team in Heidelberg
- Great benefits
- An industry-leading performance management process
- Global Career Opportunities
- Promoting the continuous learning and development of our employees
- Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Back to top