Maintenance Mechanic III - 3rd Shift
- Wilson, NC
United States of America
HSK02: Kidde Aerospace 4200 Airport Drive,NW, Wilson, NC, 27896 USA
The Maintenance Mechanic III is responsible for general repair, installation, troubleshooting and preventative maintenance support functions to facilities and manufacturing for various designs, makes and models of production machines and equipment.
- Perform skilled maintenance and repairs on various production machines and equipment.
- Troubleshoot machinery and equipment to determine causes of malfunctions; use of equipment manuals when available.
- Conduct preventative maintenance as prescribed in maintenance scheduling plans.
- Perform electrical checks using test instruments to determine status of equipment.
- Wire equipment layouts or moves as directed using the most recent code and regulatory requirements.
- Assist in design and build of Simple & Complex fixtures and various items per work order requests.
- Ability to troubleshoot a various mix of control systems.
- Assist in training others in the team.
- Maintain tools, materials, equipment and the general work area in a clean and orderly fashion.
- Assure compliance with company safety practices and procedures.
- Must be a U.S. Person/Permanent Resident "Green Card" holder
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Satisfactorily perform requirements per the "primary responsibilities"
- 5+ years experience in a manufacturing environment performing maintenance tasks
- Ability to maintain multi and complex sites
- Ability to read, interpret and perform duties from complex drawings, schematics, blueprints and instructions to ensure compliance with all levels of regulatory requirements, codes and company policies.
- Working knowledge of mechanical, electronic, hydraulic and pneumatic systems; including carpentry, plumbing, pipe fitting, sheet metal fabrication, welding, electrical and mechanical trades.
- Application of electronic and electrical theory and principles including testing abilities necessary to maintain the facility and equipment in maximum operating condition.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and resolve issues in a fast paced and team orientated environment.
- Prefer individual who has completed a minimum of 2 years in specialized trade school
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers' toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Our Avionics team advances aviation electronics and information management solutions for commercial and military customers across the world. That means we're helping passengers reach their destination safely. We're connecting aircraft operators, airports, rail and critical infrastructure with intelligent data service solutions that keep passengers, flight crews and militaries connected and informed. And we're providing industry-leading fire protection and safety systems that our customers can count on when it matters most. Are you ready to learn from the most knowledgeable experts in the industry, develop the technologies of tomorrow and reach new heights in your career? Join our Avionics team today.
Collins Aerospace Diversity & Inclusion Statement:
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Optional coverages you can buy: Pet Insurance, Home and Auto, additional life insurance, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, group legal
- Ovia Health, fertility and family planning
- Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 5 free counseling sessions
- Redbrick - Incentives for a Healthy You
- Autism Benefit
- Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
- Adoption Assistance
- Best Doctors, second opinion program
- And more!
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form - with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that's redefining aerospace, every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Back to top