- East Stroudsburg, PA
United States of America
HPA32: US054-Mountainhome, PA Spruce Cabin Road , Mountainhome, PA, 18342 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we're dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry - all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies- Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems - we're driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
Do you want to be a part of something bigger? A team whose impact stretches across the world, and even beyond? At Collins Aerospace, our Mission Systems team helps civilian, military and government customers complete their most complex missions - whatever and wherever they may be. Our customers depend on us for intelligent and secure communications, missionized systems for specialized aircraft and spacecraft and collaborative space solutions. By joining our team, you'll have your own critical part to play in ensuring our customer succeeds today while anticipating their needs for tomorrow. Are you up for the challenge? Join our mission today.
Under general supervision, performs non-repetitive assignments of a complex and difficult nature involving the set-up and operation of a wide variety of machine toll equipment such as drill press, punch press, brake, sheer, grinders, graining machines, numerical control equipment and other hand and power machine tools of similar complexity by performing the following duties.
- Works from blueprints, rough sketches, production diagrams, engineering drawings and verbal instructions to fabricate a variety of complex machined components.
- May support prototype development activities, working with design engineers and mechanical designers on the design feasibility of prototype machine parts and assemblies relative to form, fit and function.
- Determines operating methods and sequences; lays out, sets up and fabricates precision parts, tooling and fixtures to exacting tolerances and dimensions for production, development and short-run requirements.
- Makes complex shop calculations using handbook formulas to layout difficult patterns and determines tooling feeds and speeds. Knows the working qualities of a wide variety of materials including aluminum, steel, copper, brass, other metals, plastics and exotics.
- Checks height, depth and thickness using micrometers, dial indicators, calipers, gauges and other precision-measuring instruments. Inspects work for conformance to specifications. May set up and make "first-article" check on difficult production runs.
- May provide programming support for numerically-controlled (NC) equipment to obtain optimum machine utilization and minimize scrap loss ensuring proper tool usage.
- May prepare recommendations for improvements in methods or processes relative to improved productivity and quality.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
An Associate's degree (A.A. or A.S.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school highly preferred.
HS Diploma or equivalent required.
Minimum four years related experience and/or training.
Must be able to obtain a US Security Clearance. US Citizenship required.
This is a 2nd shift position. Candidates must be willing and able to work 2nd shift.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Back to top