18 Bedok South Road, Singapore
Ensures all computer systems and related peripheral devices and components are configured and utilized effectively to support the local business processes. Provides functional direction and coordinates the use of internal resources and personnel and/or vendor support to ensure agreed service, security, performance and availability levels of network computer systems are met. Monitors overall performance of computer systems, performs research and provides recommendations for improving performance, security, service levels and cost reductions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supports, maintains, develops and troubleshoots the network computer and telecommunication systems, related peripheral devices and local area networks.
- Designs, configures, tests and implements network computer systems and operating system architectures.
- Analyzes and solves complex problems of network (operating) system hardware and software components.
- Coordinates the planning, installation and maintenance of network systems and components.
- Researches, tests, implements and provides recommendations to IT management for the cost effective implementation and utilization of systems to manage and support back-end and user's systems and software, software distribution and control, systems management, storage and server systems and software.
- Creates and maintains detailed documentation and procedures governing the network computer systems and peripherals in all aspects of its utilization; ensure associates work in compliance with the documented procedures and guidelines.
- Works closely with Network Administrators to monitor, analyze and troubleshoot local area networks and components.
- Designs, tests and implements measures, systems and software to adequately protect the network computer systems, components and data from natural disasters, power failures, intrusions and viruses.
- Designs, tests and implements measures, systems and software to protect, backup, restore and store business data.
- Designs, tests and implements new computer systems, operating systems and applications.
- Remains up-to-date with the latest network computer systems, operating systems, innovations and industry best practices.
- Performs continuous research and audits to ensure continuous and high levels of performance, security and availability of network and operating systems and peripheral devices.
- Advises application developers, technical specialists, management and users about network (operating) systems, components and peripheral devices, based on trends, developments, experiences and company/industry best practices.
- Analyzes impact of network systems and components for the technical infrastructure and communicates the results with the responsible technical specialists in order to reach the appropriate and effective use of the various technologies.
- Ensures regular reporting to management regarding performance and service levels of network systems, in order to inform responsible management about major deviations and/or corrective actions.
- Provides guidance and direction to lower-level System Administrators.
- Maintains close relations with local management staff to ensure the local business processes are continuously and adequately being supported and developed by IT.
- Participates in projects with other IT departments and/or external vendors.
- Performs other related duties as required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Degree from college or university and at least five years related experience; or Diploma (or MCSE Certification) and at least eight years of related experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, associates, customers, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
CUSTOMER SERVICE: Commitment to provide positive customer interactions via a listening, setting expectations, treating customers with respect and providing best in class solution.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; talk or hear; and occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The associate must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms