Industrial Engineering Intern (Summer 2021)
- Cedar Rapids, IA
United States of America
HIA32: Cedar Rapids, IA 400 Collins Rd NE , Cedar Rapids, IA, 52498-0505 USA
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers' toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Our Avionics team advances aviation electronics and information management solutions for commercial and military customers across the world. That means we're helping passengers reach their destination safely. We're connecting aircraft operators, airports, rail and critical infrastructure with intelligent data service solutions that keep passengers, flight crews and militaries connected and informed. And we're providing industry-leading fire protection and safety systems that our customers can count on when it matters most. Are you ready to learn from the most knowledgeable experts in the industry, develop the technologies of tomorrow and reach new heights in your career? Join our Avionics team today.
This internship will be providing Industrial Engineering support to Avionics MRO Service & Support repair locations worldwide. Areas of focus include, but are not limited to, facility projects, Lean events, and special projects. This position supports a large and diverse organization and responsibilities will vary depending on business needs.
- Assist in developing solutions to a variety of IE problems of moderate scope and complexity. Refer to policies and practices for guidance. Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action
- Support major construction and/or reconfiguration projects of Collins Aerospace MRO facilities worldwide
- Optimize global footprint to support organizational initiatives and customer requirements
- Create and modify site specific floor plans to support new requirements, repair capabilities, and lean initiatives
- Interface with appropriate Facility Services personnel to ensure compliance with Collins Aerospace policies and procedures related to facilities and real estate activities
- Work with Facilities and Real Estate teams to proactively manage lease renewals, relocations and new facility requirements
- Assist with the proposal and support Lean activities (standard work, process optimization, material handling, 5S, etc.) to implement cost reduction activities
- Participate in special projects and technology advancement initiatives as required
- Assist in estimating project costs and schedules and participate in preparation of proposals, business cases, and presentations
Knowledge and Skills
- Work in a self-directed manner with guidance on assignments that are complex in nature and require considerable planning, coordination, analysis and evaluation. Expectations include issue/problem identification, development of solutions and implementation of resolutions.
- W orking environment is primarily self-directed with guidance. Individuals are responsible for managing workload and setting of schedules in order to meet customer due dates.
- Quality of decisions and representation of information will directly affect Business Unit performance pertaining to sales, profitability, cash flow, and asset utilization goals (both negatively and positively)
- Relationships are inter and intra-organizational with all levels of business unit management, service center/base managers, service center/base employees, facilities services, accounting, contracts, finance and other related areas.
- Many projects require financial analysis. Individuals will benefit from any classwork or prior experience in financial planning and reporting.
Additional Job Qualifications
- The individual must have the ability to understand and apply Lean concepts, statistical modeling, various data analysis techniques, and Project Management Principles to drive process and workflow efficiency.
- Proficiency in Microsoft tools (Excel, Word, Power Point, Access and Project), AutoCAD and statistical packages is required.
- Candidates must be able to demonstrate a high level of drive and creativity in order to provide Collins Aerospace leadership with the necessary information to determine/execute both strategic and operational initiatives.
- Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent and student must be pursuing a Bachelor's or advanced degree in an applicable discipline.
- Must be a U.S. Person/Permanent Resident "Green Card" holder.
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form - with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that's redefining aerospace, every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Back to top