Industrial Engineering Co-op (Summer/Fall 2021)
- Rockford, IL
United States of America
A01: Rockford - Aerospace 4747 Harrison Avenue, Rockford, IL, 61125 USA
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers' toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
We make modern flight possible for millions of travelers and our military every second. Our major product lines are on-board virtually every aircraft flying. Be it keeping passengers safe with our emergency power generation systems, or creating a positive in flight experience through reliable cabin pressure controls and quieter engines, Power & Controls focuses on delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. We hire the top people in the industry. Their ideas drive our performance, and their integrity keeps our customers happy. Join us as we take flight!
This position is for an Industrial Engineering co-op who works under close supervision. Supports senior engineers in a range of activities associated with collecting and analyzing data to support studies pertaining to cost control, productivity improvement, cost reduction, inventory control, and production record systems. The co-op will a ssist in capacity analysis, implement process improvements and analyze variation data, Improve shop floor management and product flow.
- Collects data to observe and assess work activities or witness tests being conducted
- Acquires skills and knowledge to perform routine activities under direct supervision.
- Analyzes, estimates, or reports production costs relative to scheduling, cost, energy consumption or logistics in order to track production data
- Analyzes logistics data, using methods such as data mining, data modeling, or cost or benefit analysis, to support studies pertaining to cost control, cost reduction, inventory control, and production record systems
- Works with cross-functional teams and internal customers across the business unit to acquire a better understanding of the business and customers.
- Identifies the concerns of the customer, probes for answers and actively listens to understand the customer's business.
- Establishes the physical layout of machinery and the most efficient sequence of operations and work flow.
- Analyzes the allocation of resources, materials and personnel to establish maximum utilization of equipment.
- Conducts studies pertaining to cost control, productivity improvement, cost reduction, inventory control, and production record systems.
- May assist facilities engineers (planning and design of manufacturing cells)
- Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent and student must be pursuing a Bachelor's or advanced degree in an applicable discipline.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form - with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that's redefining aerospace, every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Back to top