Equipment Technician - 2nd Shift
- Iowa City, IA
United States of America
HIA34: Coralville, IA 2855 Heartland Dr , Coralville, IA, 52241-2733 USA
The Equipment Technician is involved with facility related processes including HVAC, chilled water, compressed gases, and security/safety systems. This role works within guidelines of facility safety system, maintaining records and completing necessary paperwork. This role requires strong inter-personal skillset to support a multitude of customers.
- Performs scheduled maintenance on electrical/mechanical equipment used in the production process to maximize machine uptime.
- Troubleshoots and repairs this equipment as needed. Works with Engineers to improve performance of equipment/processes.
- Involved with facility related processes including HVAC, chilled water, compressed gases, and security/safety systems.
- Works within guidelines of facility safety system. Maintains records and completes necessary paperwork.
- Must furnish own hand tools.
- Must be capable of lifting/handling heavy parts, material, or equipment.
- Sets priorities under general direction based on workload.
- Requires strong inter-personal skillset to support a multitude of customers.
- High School Diploma or AA/AS degree or other 2-year post high school training with less than 2 years of relevant experience
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Must be capable of safely working on electrical systems up to 480V (Electrical Safe Work Practices, RC-ESH-P-308), instrumentation and control systems, and mechanical systems.
- Must be capable of aquiring a fork lift license and maintain a valid drivers license. Must have or be able to obtain security clearance.
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers' toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Do you want to be a part of something bigger? A team whose impact stretches across the world, and even beyond? At Collins Aerospace, our Mission Systems team helps civilian, military and government customers complete their most complex missions - whatever and wherever they may be. Our customers depend on us for intelligent and secure communications, missionized systems for specialized aircraft and spacecraft and collaborative space solutions. By joining our team, you'll have your own critical part to play in ensuring our customer succeeds today while anticipating their needs for tomorrow. Are you up for the challenge? Join our mission today.
Collins Aerospace Diversity & Inclusion Statement:
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form - with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that's redefining aerospace, every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Back to top