Environmental Safety and Health Intern (Summer 2021)
- Annapolis, MD
United States of America
HMD31: Annapolis, MD 2551 Riva Road , Annapolis, MD, 21401-7435 USA
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers' toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
The next chapter of our future as an aerospace company is here, and we are excited about what this means for our employees and customers! Get onboard the Collins Aerospace Operations team and play a part in managing our innovative products from inception to delivery. The Operations team continues to grow and aims to strengthen the connection of Manufacturing Operations, Supply Chain and Environment, Health & Safety (EH&S) across Collins Aerospace. In this dynamic environment, you will have the opportunity to network across our businesses and functions, all while improving the productivity, quality and efficiency of our operations worldwide.
Interns will be assigned projects to support EH&S departmental initiatives including, but not limited to:
- Monitoring of implementing EHS requirements, regular audits, reviews, inspections, inspection rounds
- Guidance for EHS-relevant topics
- Improve basic EHS forms, work instructions and SDS database
- Develop EHS documentation and file records process
- Complete basic Industrial Hygiene monitoring including noise assessment, ventilation system monitoring, and ergonomic force measurements.
- Conduct basic ergonomic assessment of workstations and operations.
- Perform basic risk assessments (Job Safety Analysis, etc.) of manufacturing operations to identify hazards and implement effective controls.
- Develop EHS training programs including a video/web based training course.
- Participate in EHS inspections (wastewater, storm water, satellite storage areas, etc.) and improve protocols and checklists for process improvement management mapping. Help investigate and resolve problems with process, tools and applications.
- Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent and student must be pursuing a Bachelor's or advanced degree in an applicable discipline.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship now or in the future. Collins Aerospace will not offer sponsorship for this position.
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form - with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that's redefining aerospace, every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Back to top