Engineering Lead, Secondaries Value Stream
- Cannock, United Kingdom
Goodrich Actuation Systems Limited, Stafford Road, Wolverhampton, WV10 7EH
Collins Aerospace Systems, part of Raytheon Technologies, is on the lookout for an experienced Engineering Lead who will manage the activity across the Secondaries Value Stream which sits across; Wolverhampton- UK, Rockford- IL USA and Turin- Italy.
The role will be based in Actuation Systems, Wolverhampton, UK, with
Every second a plane takes off with Collins Aerospace equipment onboard. From space exploration and defense to today's more electric, more intelligent, more integrated aircraft - our systems make modern flight possible. And by "make it possible," we mean: we start it, power it, control it, ventilate it, quieten it, land it, stop it and monitor it. We have more than 41,000 employees across 150 countries working at the forefront of technological innovation. Thanks to their efforts, our global reach and our market-leading position, we do big things no one else can do.
Job Function Description
- Lead engineering activity across the Secondaries Value Stream (VS) including the development of an over-arching product and technology strategy in-collaboration with key stakeholders
- Be responsible for providing all aspects of engineering support, service and leadership to the Secondaries Value Stream utilising a team of engineers from across AS and Collins Global Engineering Centers (GECs)
- As a member of the Value Stream leadership team, reporting directly into the Value Stream Lead, you will play a key role in the strategic direction, technology development, design, certification, delivery and product service support of the VS portfolio of Systems and Products
- Provide leadership and direction to a diverse team of associates, advocating Collins cultural path and values across the VS and business
- Promote an engaged, empowered and accountable organisation, championing AS cultural pillars of Diversity & Inclusion, Collaboration, Curiosity, Innovation, Bold and Customer First
- Operate as part of the VS leadership team to understand the competitive market for the VS portfolio and establish the strategic direction supported by a technology roadmap to ensure the ongoing health of the VS aligned to overall AS strategic direction
- Ensure engineering programs are executed in-line with agreed technical performance, schedule, non-recurring and recurring cost and compliant with the Collins' Management System (CMS) processes, Company, customer and regulatory requirements. Engineering leadership responsibility covers the breadth of product life-cycle from strategic planning, to opportunity development, bids and proposals, product development, certification, aircraft entry-into-service, production, Value Engineering and aftermarket support.
- You will ensure IPT project planning is in place to support Value Stream financial and resource planning, tracking and management
- Demonstrate confident executive presence as the VS technical focal facing out to Collins senior leadership and executive leadership team as well as senior leaders in the VS customer base
- Monitor program execution of all VS engineering programmes (New business, Technology, NPI, Production support, Value Engineering, cost reduction and Post Certification Engineering (PCE)). Take action where help is required
- Provide functional leadership for Program Chief Engineers / IPT leads / Project Engineers and Technical Leads. You will support the business in development of robust succession planning for all VS Engineering leadership roles
- Be responsible for resource management - liaison with technical functional managers to ensure projects are adequately resourced. Identify and resolve gaps with Senior Management
- Provide oversight of financial & budgetary controls - Actively manage programme costs. Responsible for the reporting of EVMS metrics on all projects
- Oversee the development of a technology roadmap aligned to business development and strategic plans
- Be responsible for the engineering input to develop the Value Stream product / system strategy and deliver the engineering work packages
- Provide Engineering leadership achieving Value Engineering and cost reduction objectives
- Oversee the development of your Value Stream engineers including providing mentoring, leading individual Performance Connection (PC) discussions and engineering Leadership Development Reviews (LDR)
- Ensure key milestone are identified and met. Work with IPT Leads to identify problems early and deliver robust resolution in a timely manner. Seek opportunities for commonality across portfolio and across multiple product families and establish Standard Work
- Proactively engage and lead the team through the deployment of CMS and the Collins cultural path, advocating the company values in all aspects of everything you do.
- Improve Engineering productivity leading the Value Stream Engineering ACE and Continuous Improvement program
- Ensure process adherence and compliance to internal, regulatory and customer requirements, including understanding of International Trade Compliance (ITC) and follow restrictions/controls put in place
- Establish strategic relationships with customers developing technical relationships in support of new business opportunities
Experience and Skills
- Degree level in engineering, manufacturing or a related discipline, or have the equivalent training and experience
- Great project and team leadership skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to engage all levels in the organisation
- Be comfortable with operating in a multi-site working environment and cultural awareness and inclusion
- Design to Cost (DTC), Design for Manufacture, Assembly & Test (DFMAT) exposure
- Strong analytical capability, commercial and financial acumen
- Strong communication and decision making skills are essential
- Ability to motivate team members as well as enjoy coaching and developing others
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers' toughest problems and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market. The high quality products we design, produce and service across Actuation Systems (AS) allow both passengers and crew members to have a more comfortable experience and greater piece of mind during flight. From Flight Control systems, Composite components, to Nacelle and Military actuation systems - what we design and manufacture works together behind the scenes to enhance the overall flight experience. We delight our customers with superior products and best-in-class customer service, yet passengers don't even know we're there - and that's how we like it!
Our benefits package includes a competitive base salary as well as 25 days annual leave and private dental / healthcare. In addition, we also have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits to suit you, including the ability to buy and sell holidays, cycle to work scheme, employee rewards and a fantastic pension scheme.
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are a flexible working employer and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants.
Please note that potential candidates will be subject to Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) and background checks and that project access restrictions may apply to some nationalities.
Apply now and be part of the team that's redefining aerospace, every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Back to top