EMU (Space Suit) Electrical Engineer
- Windsor Locks, CT
United States of America
01: Building 01 Windsor Locks One Hamilton Road, Windsor Locks, CT, 06096 USA
Commercial Space and Sea Systems (CS&SS) of Collins Aerospace is searching for a, electrical engineer or similar, who will support the Extravehicular Mobility Unit (EMU, aka Space Suit) program. As a member the Electrical Design Department, this integral member of our team will work with experienced team members from different disciplines, and must be able to communicate effectively, execute work accurately, and meet program milestones. To succeed in this role, the candidate must have knowledge of related industry standards, as well as the ability to adhere to department work instructions and industry best practices.
- Develop a thorough understanding of the EMU Environmental Control and Life Support System (ECLSS) electronics and supporting systems and equipment
- Review customer requirements and provide compliance assessment and/or risks
- Perform life extension studies on existing systems, using SIMetrix circuit analysis, and performing Worse Case Circuit Analysis (WCCA) studies
- Execute on contracts to design, develop and deliver electrical engineering related end-item assemblies for the EMU
- Participate in the investigation of system anomalies and drive to closure
- Conduct research and deliver on projects that advance ECLSS technologies and capabilities
- Provide real-time, remote support of occasional in-orbit Extra Vehicular Activities (EVA)
- Be a significant contributor to the design, development, and qualification of next generation EMU ECLSS technologies
- Clear, concise written and verbal communication style and attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy required
- Solid understanding and experience in Analog and Digital Electronics design practices is required
- Experience with radiation effects on electrical systems and components desired
- Open to working paid overtime as needed to support program milestones
- As a team member of a rotable pool of support personnel, this individual must be able to support occasional on-orbit EVA activities that usually occur well outside normal working hours, as a spacewalk typically starts around 2-3 am (flexible working arrangements are available to support this activity)
- Prior experience or familiarity of Closed-Loop Life Support Systems desired
- Prior experience with Cadence, PSpice, and/or SIMetrix desired
- Prior experience with NASA programs or similar (development through flight) desired
- 5 or more years of experience in a similar role or responsibility required
- Must be a U.S. Person/Permanent Resident "Green Card" holder
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution and 7 years of relevant experience OR
- Advance degree from an accredited institution and 5 years of relevant experience OR
- In absence of a degree, 11 years of relevant experience is required
- Demonstrated history of conducting failure analysis and root cause analysis preferred
- A Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in science, technology, engineering, or mathematics is preferred
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers' toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Do you want to be a part of something bigger? A team whose impact stretches across the world, and even beyond? At Collins Aerospace, our Mission Systems team helps civilian, military and government customers complete their most complex missions - whatever and wherever they may be. Our customers depend on us for intelligent and secure communications, missionized systems for specialized aircraft and spacecraft and collaborative space solutions. By joining our team, you'll have your own critical part to play in ensuring our customer succeeds today while anticipating their needs for tomorrow. Are you up for the challenge? Join our mission today.
We make modern flight possible for millions of travelers and our military every second. Our major product lines are on-board virtually every aircraft flying. Be it keeping passengers safe with our emergency power generation systems or creating a positive in-flight experience through reliable cabin pressure controls and quieter engines, Power & Controls focuses on delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. We hire the top people in the industry. Their ideas drive our performance, and their integrity keeps our customers happy. Join us as we take flight!
Collins Aerospace Diversity & Inclusion Statement:
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
Our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Optional coverages you can buy: Pet Insurance, Home and Auto, additional life insurance, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, group legal
- Ovia Health, fertility and family planning
- Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 5 free counseling sessions
- Redbrick - Incentives for a Healthy You
- Autism Benefit
- Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
- Adoption Assistance
- Best Doctors, second opinion program
- And more!
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form - with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that's redefining aerospace, every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Back to top