EMI/EMC Design Engineer
- Rockford, IL
United States of America
A01: Rockford - Aerospace 4747 Harrison Avenue, Rockford, IL, 61125 USA
We are looking for a Senior EMI/EMC Design Engineer to support the Electric Power Systems.
- EMI/EMC engineer will lead assigned program projects and be responsible for the complete compliance process including technical, cost, and schedule performance.
- Review and translate high level EMI/EMC requirements to the system and circuit level.
- Support the design efforts to meet specified product performance for all aspects of Electromagnetic Environmental Effects (E3) compliance, including EMI/EMC/EME/ESD/EMP and lightning.
- Develop simulation models for the analysis of interference coupling mechanisms, shielding integrity, and circuit/cable interface isolation to mitigate and control conducted/radiated emissions and susceptibility threats.
- Create control plans, guidelines, test procedures, and test reports.
- Design EMI/EMC compliance testing methodologies, test setup, and supervise their constructions and checkout.
- Support and provide technical coordination of the successful execution of EMI/EMC development and certification testing.
- The chosen candidate must have knowledge of EMI/EMC testing. System and circuit design experience and the ability to work effectively with systems and circuit groups is a plus.
- The individual should be a self-starter, versatile, problem solver, and have a willingness to work as part of a team; must be willing to travel occasionally and to move to other locations within the corporation in order to assist in troubleshooting efforts, attend design review meetings, and work off-shift hours if necessary.
- Experience in EMI/EMC compliance engineering including testing
- Bachelor's degree and 7 years of relevant experience OR
- Advance degree and 5 years of relevant experience OR
- In absence of a degree, 11 years of relevant experience is required
- Must be a U.S. Person/Permanent Resident "Green Card" holder
- Degree in Electrical Engineering or related discipline
- Experience in the areas of design and risk mitigation, test, and project management
- Experience working with LT Spice (or equivalent) analytical models for radiated electrical fields
- Experience with lab test equipment including receivers, spectrum analyzers, generators, amplifiers and antennas
- Technical knowledge of product qualification testing
- Knowledge of MIL-STD's 461/464/704 and DO-160 (or equivalent commercial standards)
- Mathematical background and analytical simulation experience
- Experience with Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Outlook, and Visio
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers' toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
We make modern flight possible for millions of travelers and our military every second. Our major product lines are on-board virtually every aircraft flying. Be it keeping passengers safe with our emergency power generation systems, or creating a positive in flight experience through reliable cabin pressure controls and quieter engines, Power & Controls focuses on delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. We hire the top people in the industry. Their ideas drive our performance, and their integrity keeps our customers happy. Join us as we take flight!
Collins Aerospace Diversity & Inclusion Statement:
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Optional coverages you can buy: Pet Insurance, Home and Auto, additional life insurance, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, group legal
- Ovia Health, fertility and family planning
- Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 5 free counseling sessions
- Redbrick - Incentives for a Healthy You
- Autism Benefit
- Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
- Adoption Assistance
- Best Doctors, second opinion program
- And more!
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form - with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that's redefining aerospace, every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Back to top