Embedded Software Engineer UAV
- Sterling, VA
United States of America
HVA34: Sterling, VA 22640 Davis Dr , Sterling, VA, 20164-7104 USA
This position is for an established Software Engineering professional. Conducts tests, debugs control and diagnostic systems, and conducts research. Measures and analyzes software designs, implements procedures to support hardware and software product development, and operates equipment.
- Design, code, test, and provide ongoing support for embedded systems software and simulation software to meet technological and customer requirements
- Define and analyze system software design requirements and write software requirements documents to meet defined and anticipated customer needs and system quality and performance standards
- Write software integration and test plans; conduct and lead software verification, testing and integration efforts to identify required modifications and ensure optimum system performance at delivery
- Collaborate with electrical engineers, controls engineers, and program management team members in planning, design and development
- Develop interface definitions in conjunction with design team and enforce interface control documents to record and validate system performance standards and results
- Participate in software design reviews to ensure team progress against milestones are met and to maintain highest quality level within project schedules
- Serve as technical focal on projects as assigned, working with customers to meet deliverables and address and resolve technology or system issues
- This position requires a Bachelor's degree in the appropriate discipline and 3 years of relevant experience. In the absence of a degree, 7 years of relevant experience is required.
- Must have or be capable of obtaining a US Department of Defense (DoD) security clearance. Candidate selected will be subject to a government security investigation/reinstatement and must meet eligibility requirements
- C,C++,Object Oriented Programming
- Digital System Design
- At least 1 year of SW development experience
- Experience with Real Time Operating System (RTOS), Linux, FPGA
- 2+ years of SW development experience for Avionics/Aerospace systems
Do you want to be a part of something bigger? A team whose impact stretches across the world, and even beyond? At Collins Aerospace, our Mission Systems team helps civilian, military and government customers complete their most complex missions - whatever and wherever they may be. Our customers depend on us for intelligent and secure communications, missionized systems for specialized aircraft and spacecraft and collaborative space solutions. By joining our team, you'll have your own critical part to play in ensuring our customer succeeds today while anticipating their needs for tomorrow. Are you up for the challenge? Join our mission today.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Optional coverages you can buy: Pet Insurance, Home and Auto, additional life insurance, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, group legal
- Ovia Health, fertility and family planning
- Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 5 free counseling sessions
- Redbrick - Incentives for a Healthy You
- Autism Benefit
- Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
- Adoption Assistance
- Best Doctors, second opinion program
- And more!
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Back to top