Electronics Producibility Engineering Co-Op (Spring/Summer 2021)
- Rockford, IL
United States of America
A01: Rockford - Aerospace 4747 Harrison Avenue, Rockford, IL, 61125 USA
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers' toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
The next chapter of our future as an aerospace company is here, and we are excited about what this means for our employees and customers! Get onboard the Collins Aerospace Operations team and play a part in managing our innovative products from inception to delivery. The Operations team continues to grow and aims to strengthen the connection of Manufacturing Operations, Supply Chain and Environment, Health & Safety (EH&S) across Collins Aerospace. In this dynamic environment, you will have the opportunity to network across our businesses and functions, all while improving the productivity, quality and efficiency of our operations worldwide.
The primary role of Electronics Producibility Engineering is to represent the needs of Operations (including manufacturing, test, and quality) in the early phases of new product design (concept/preliminary design, especially) of aerospace electronics, including power control/distribution, engine controllers and flight controllers. This is an opportunity to understand the long-term impact of design choices on the manufacturing process.
The ideal candidate will be reporting to the Electronics Producibility Engineering Manager located in Windsor Locks, CT and will be supporting the team's needs both in Windsor Locks and in Rockford, IL. The responsibilities of this assignment will allow the candidate networking opportunities to work with a wide range of professional disciplines across multiple business locations, including engineering design, manufacturing, quality, production test, etc.
- Work with engineering, drafting, manufacturing to refine our primary requirements documentation to ensure accuracy and consistency.
- Coordinate with producibility representation across multiple Business Units in the development of internal IT tools used to assess products for Design For Manufacturability (DFM).
- Collect and analyze defect data from our primary factory locations, including Excel macro development, data mining (from SAP and other sources)
- Aide the team in collecting and analyzing ACE data (turnbacks, SIPOCs, etc)
- Develop and refine prescriptive help documents and work instructions to ensure consistent and quality team output.
- Day-to-day support of the Producibility Engineering team.
- Knowledge and experience in the design and manufacturing processes of electronic assemblies.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a team and work reasonable compromises.
- Ability to read and interpret technical specifications and engineering prints
- Hands-on experience in a manufacturing or laboratory role, or general technical aptitude.
- Bilingual (Spanish) desired but not necessary
Candidates for this role should be on a path to earning an Engineering B.S. in a field related to Mechanical, Electrical, and/or Manufacturing Engineering.
U.S. Citizenship required
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form - with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that's redefining aerospace, every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Back to top