Electrical/Software Engineering Intern (Summer 2021)
- Melbourne, FL
United States of America
HFL34: Melbourne, FL 1100 W Hibiscus Blvd , Melbourne, FL, 32902-2704 USA
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers' toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Our Avionics team advances aviation electronics and information management solutions for commercial and military customers across the world. That means we're helping passengers reach their destination safely. We're connecting aircraft operators, airports, rail and critical infrastructure with intelligent data service solutions that keep passengers, flight crews and militaries connected and informed. And we're providing industry-leading fire protection and safety systems that our customers can count on when it matters most. Are you ready to learn from the most knowledgeable experts in the industry, develop the technologies of tomorrow and reach new heights in your career? Join our Avionics team today.
The RF communications group is seeking motivated electrical engineering interns with software experience (summer 2021) to support both legacy and new generation HF or VHF Communication systems. Interns will work alongside senior engineering mentors to support the design, documentation, development, debug and test of safety critical avionics products for the Air Transport and Business and Regional aircraft markets.
- Work with experienced engineers to develop, verify and support communication products.
- Support requirements capture, design and integration of hardware.
- Perform verification and troubleshooting of electronic circuit boards, sub-assemblies and modules.
- Help to drive problems in the field and factory to closure.
- Learn and apply the latest trends in hardware engineering, electronic components and development tools.
- Collaborate and interact in a multi-functional, multi-discipline, and diverse development team.
- Expand embedded software knowledge with an emphasis on understanding the design of software components within a system.
- Learn major Collins Aerospace processes related to hardware and software development and verification. Apply processes to the current project.
- Identify the root cause of basic to moderate software issues using appropriate debug and analysis tools, with technical guidance from senior engineers.
- Strong problem solving and analysis techniques
- Knowledge of Digital, Analog, or Radio Frequency (RF) circuits
- Familiarity with standard test equipment including multi-meters, oscilloscopes and analyzers
- Knowledge of languages C/C++/Python.
- Self-starting attitude to work in a highly cross functional environment
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills (verbal and written)
- Commitment to quality and continuous improvement
Experience with any of the following is preferred, but not specifically required:
- Avionics systems and radio communication equipment
- Embedded software
- Experience with DO-254, DO-178C, ARP4754A product and process development standards
- Qualification testing to DO-160
- Model Based Design
- Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent and student must be pursuing a Bachelor's or advanced degree in an applicable discipline.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship now or in the future. Collins Aerospace will not offer sponsorship for this position.
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form - with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that's redefining aerospace, every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Back to top