Electrical Test Equipment Design Engineer
- Rockford, IL
United States of America
A01: Rockford - Aerospace 4747 Harrison Avenue, Rockford, IL, 61125 USA
The successful candidate will be responsible for the implementation of development and production test facilities within Mechanical Power Conversion (MPC). This position involves the electrical design, hardware selection, and setup of test equipment within MPC in support of testing aerospace fuel pumps, air turbine starters and blowers, engine and air frame gearboxes, and lube and scavenge pumps.
This position is for an experienced Electrical and Electronics Engineering professional, working independently. Performs engineering work and applied research, coordinates activities involving the design and development of electronic equipment and devices, and prepares engineering sketches and product information documentation.
Coordinates and facilitates the design, fabrication, modification, and evaluation of electronic apparatus, components, or circuitry for use in electronic equipment and devices, ensuing work is completed on time and established quality and budgets are achieved.
Prepares engineering sketches or specifications to construct, relocate, or install equipment, facilities, products, or systems.
Prepares engineering estimates and schedules to construct, relocate, or install equipment, facilities, products, or systems.
Prepares documentation including confidential descriptions or specifications of proprietary hardware or software, information on product development, introduction schedules, product costs, and performance weaknesses to track progress and analyze performance.
Designs electrical equipment, facilities, components, products, and systems for commercial, industrial, and domestic purposes.
Produces products according to specifications, using the most cost effective and efficient means.
Analyzes and evaluates new or improved electronic components.
Includes power generation, transmission and distribution, rotating machinery, illumination, wire communication systems and servomechanisms.
Includes circuit theory, computer design and development, instrumentation, semiconductor devices, and solid state devices.
- This position requires a Bachelor's degree in the appropriate discipline and 5 years of relevant experience or an Advanced degree in the appropriate discipline and 3 years of relevant experience.
- In the absence of a degree, 9 years of relevant experience is required.
- Electrical Engineer degree is preferred.
- Aerospace Industry is preferred.
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers' toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
We make modern flight possible for millions of travelers and our military every second. Our major product lines are on-board virtually every aircraft flying. Be it keeping passengers safe with our emergency power generation systems, or creating a positive in flight experience through reliable cabin pressure controls and quieter engines, Power & Controls focuses on delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. We hire the top people in the industry. Their ideas drive our performance, and their integrity keeps our customers happy.
Join us as we take flight!
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Optional coverages you can buy: Pet Insurance, Home and Auto, additional life insurance, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, group legal
- Ovia Health, fertility and family planning
- Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 5 free counseling sessions
- Redbrick - Incentives for a Healthy You
- Autism Benefit
- Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
- Adoption Assistance
- Best Doctors, second opinion program
- And more!
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form - with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that's redefining aerospace, every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Back to top