Electrical Engineering SEPP Intern (Summer 2021)
- Windsor Locks, CT
United States of America
01: Building 01 Windsor Locks One Hamilton Road, Windsor Locks, CT, 06096 USA
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers' toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Do you want to be a part of something bigger? A team whose impact stretches across the world, and even beyond? At Collins Aerospace, our Mission Systems team helps civilian, military and government customers complete their most complex missions - whatever and wherever they may be. Our customers depend on us for intelligent and secure communications, missionized systems for specialized aircraft and spacecraft and collaborative space solutions. By joining our team, you'll have your own critical part to play in ensuring our customer succeeds today while anticipating their needs for tomorrow. Are you up for the challenge? Join our mission today.
CS&SS Space Systems is looking for an Electrical or Computer Engineering Summer Intern who will support multiple programs and continuous improvement initiatives. The ideal candidate is a roll-up your sleeves, hands-on engineer who has a passion for solving challenging problems. We're looking for someone who can collaborate with other functional groups to assist with the development and instantiation of robust and reliable solutions for Safety Critical Space Applications.
- Within the department, demonstrate a willingness to learn and develop, while supporting the design of various flight programs.
- Shadow department personnel to gain an understanding of the design life-cycle for complex electro-mechanical systems.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with hardware designers, systems engineering, reliability, and customers to achieve elegant and reliable solutions.
- Provide recommendations and implement continuous improvement ideas.
- Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent and student must be pursuing a Bachelor's or advanced degree in an applicable discipline.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Clear, concise communication style and attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy required.
- Demonstrated experience with digital design, analog design, software design, closed-loop control systems, or similar experience.
- Experience with common electronic lab equipment.
- Self-actualized, self-sustaining, willing to learn.
- Passionate interest in the Space industry, particularly in crewed-flight.
- Progress towards a BS/BA degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or equivalent required.
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form - with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that's redefining aerospace, every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Back to top