Director, Communications, Operations & Quality
- Charlotte, NC
United States of America
HNC01: UTAS Headquarters (HS) 2730 West Tyvola Road, Charlotte, NC, 28217 USA
Reporting to the senior director of Internal Communications, the Director of Operations & Quality communications is responsible for developing the strategy, planning, execution and measurement of global internal and executive communication programs for Operations & Quality.
Leading a team of communication professionals, this important leadership position will be responsible for creating communication platforms to drive and influence Collins' culture, improve employee engagement, and support our business objectives through informative and actionable leadership messages to wired and non-wired global employees, suppliers, customers and other key stakeholders.
The leader will work closely with human resources client managers, employee news team, functional communicators and strategic business unit communicators, to ensure alignment and coordination of all Operations & Quality internal communication strategies and messages. The position will form solid partnerships with our external communications, creative services, marketing and corporate responsibility leadership to ensure alignment on external messaging and positioning of functional programs and initiatives. This role will provide leadership to grow and develop a team of communications professionals, with a focus on coaching the team to become strategic communications advisors to Operations & Quality leaders and employees.
- Support executive communications for the vice president of Operations & Quality including the development of written and video messages as well as presentations for speaking engagements and Town Hall meetings
- Lead a talented team of communicators who create engaging content that informs, inspires and motivates wired and non-wired global employees, customers and suppliers.
- Promote a positive and collaborative working environment where teammates celebrate each other's successes and share lessons learned and best practices
- Coach team members on a daily basis to help them embrace their strengths and overcome their blind shots
- Find fulfillment in seeing your team members grow and thrive
- Continuously motivate team members to reach their highest potential
- Build confidence, skills and expertise among team members to help them become trusted communications advisors to Operations & Quality leadership
- Guide team members through change and encourage them to look at change as an opportunity rather than a setback
- Be willing to "roll up your sleeves" to help team members execute on projects, plans, events, and initiatives
- Write articles, leadership messages and other communications when team members need additional support
- Translate complex language and business objectives into memorable and easy-to-understand stories and presentations
- Help lead team members in the development of thoughtful and actionable change communications plans
- Continuously identify development opportunities for team members so they can reach their highest potential
- Serve as an advocate for your team to elevate their successes, positive behaviors and hard work to department leadership
- Bachelor's Degree in Journalism, Public Relations, Communications, English, marketing or similar area of study and 12 years of relevant experience OR
- Advanced Degree and 10 years of relevant experience OR
- In the absence of a degree, 16 years of relevant experience is Required.
- Must be a US Citizen
- Ability to travel 15 - 20%
Additional Experiences/ Qualifications:
- Minimum of 10 - 15 years of progressive experience in leading internal communications; demonstrated track record of leading successful, happy and engaged teams
- Minimum of three to five years of experience in building, supervising and mentoring a team
- Deep knowledge of internal communications strategies and channels, including effective use of digital and video communications
- International business and communications experience
- Proven success preparing and presenting materials on behalf of executives
- Prowess handling multiple projects, prioritizing and acting with a sense of urgency
- Critical thinking and an ability to understand complex business issues to distill messaging for diverse audiences
- Passion for engaging in new and innovative communication channels to drive breakthrough audience experiences
- Ability to lead a team that is both local and global
- Be coachable and open to embracing new ways of doing things
- Healthy sense of humor, positive outlook and lover of all things team
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers' toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Are you a strategic thinker who can see beyond the now? Be part of a team that is developing the strategy and direction of one of the biggest players in the aerospace industry. The Strategy, Development & Communications team is a major influencer in the long-term vision of Collins Aerospace. Working together with teams across the company, we focus on strategic planning and analysis, internal and external communications, mergers and acquisitions and revenue synergies. Join a team that has its pulse on the future of aerospace and watch your career take flight.
Collins Aerospace Diversity & Inclusion Statement:
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Optional coverages you can buy: Pet Insurance, Home and Auto, additional life insurance, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, group legal
- Ovia Health, fertility and family planning
- Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 5 free counseling sessions
- Redbrick - Incentives for a Healthy You
- Autism Benefit
- Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
- Adoption Assistance
- Best Doctors, second opinion program
- And more!
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form - with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that's redefining aerospace, every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Back to top