Digital Technology Project Management Intern (Summer 2021)
- Cedar Rapids, IA
United States of America
HIA32: Cedar Rapids, IA 400 Collins Rd NE , Cedar Rapids, IA, 52498-0505 USA
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers' toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Do you want to be part of a new, exciting initiative to combine foundational IT with new digital technologies? Our Digital Technology team is driving business efficiencies and a better customer experience by connecting technologies, people, information and processes. From making aircraft more electric, intelligent and integrated to building new software platforms such as Internet of Things, big data, artificial intelligence, and blockchain, there's no better place to be right now than in digital. If you're an agile thinker who enjoys utilizing modern technology to make big improvements, then you're a perfect fit for this team. Join Collins Aerospace to help us revolutionize the aerospace industry today!
We are currently searching for a summer intern to join our Cedar Rapids, Iowa based project management team. This dynamic individual should be self-motivated and interested in learning about project management in a corporate digital technology environment. The Project Management Intern will play a key role in helping to ensure the Collins Aerospace Digital Technology projects contribute to the achievement of our company's strategic roadmap. The intern will assist Digital Technology's Program Management Office's Project and Program Managers, Quality Assurance team members (Test Leads), and Project Financial Analysts. Work will include assisting with short-term special projects, process analysis and documentation, Microsoft Teams administration and configuration, Enterprise Project Planning tool administration and configuration.
- Organize, gather and analyze information for a variety of project management initiatives
- Support quality assurance efforts (including but not limited to running reports, managing system, participating in solution testing)
- Support project financials tracking and forecasting efforts
- Assist with the administration and configuration of Microsoft Teams site
- Assist with the administration and configuration of Enterprise Project Planning tool
- Assist in presentation preparation for various project management review meetings via Microsoft PowerPoint
- Work with project managers to assist with their day-to-day functions and to learn project management at Collins Aerospace
- Participate in team meetings and report progress of various assigned responsibilities
- Updating of documentation and processes
- Team event planning
- Support and engage senior leaders
- Coordinate efforts with others
- Manage stakeholders
- Track and report issues and risks
- Other duties as assigned
- Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent and student must be pursuing a Bachelor's or advanced degree in an applicable discipline.
- Must be a U.S. Person/Permanent Resident "Green Card" holder
- Experience with Microsoft Office tools, O365 is a plus
- Knowledge of some advanced features in Excel is a plus
- Exceptional communication skills - both written and verbal
- Ability to perform tasks independently once guidance is given
- Excellent active listening skills
- Ability to clearly articulate messages to a variety of audiences
- Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships
- Ability to influence others and move toward a common vision or goal
- Flexible and adaptable; able to work in ambiguous situations
- Resilient and tenacious with a propensity to persevere
- Forward looking with a holistic approach
- Organized with a natural inclination for planning strategy and tactics
- Problem solving and root cause identification skills
- Able to work effectively at all levels in an organization
- Must be a team player and able to work collaboratively with and through others
- Acute business acumen and understanding of organizational issues and challenges
- Desire to learn about project management in areas such as: IT cyber security, mobile applications, web, collaboration tools, SAP, Business Warehouse, cloud solutions,
- Desire to learn about project financials and quality assurance
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form - with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that's redefining aerospace, every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Back to top