Digital Controls Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) Staff Engineer
- Windsor Locks, CT
United States of America
01: Building 01 Windsor Locks One Hamilton Road, Windsor Locks, CT, 06096 USA
The Digital Controls Electromagnetic Compatibility ( EMC) Staff Engineer will work with a global team of engineers to develop state-of-the-art electronic products for military and commercial aviation applications in Windsor Locks, CT. The EMC Staff Engineer is a member of the EMC team providing technical guidance to Engineering through analysis of requirements and designs on their ability for EMC compliance, as well as, responsibility for planning and executing EMC certification testing.
The EMC Staff Engineer works with industry-leading experts who are setting the standards and paving the way for the future.
- Drive the research, development, design, and testing of electrical components, equipment, systems, and networks to ensure that business goals and required specifications are met.
- Provides technical training for less experienced engineers to ensure that quality standards are met.
- Analyze system requirements, capacity, cost and customer needs to understand feasibility of project and develop system plans.
- Design electronic components, software, products, or systems for military and commercial aviation.
- Develop implementation schedules and propose cost budgets to ensure projects are completed on time and within established budgets.
- Direct and coordinate activities concerning manufacturing, construction, installation, maintenance, operation, or modification of electronic equipment, products, or systems to ensure smooth operations of activities.
- Evaluates operational systems, prototypes and proposals and recommends repair or design modifications, based on factors such as environment, service, cost, and system capabilities to ensure required specifications are met.
- Produce products according to specifications, using the most cost effective and efficient means.
- Analyze and evaluates new or improved electronic components.
- Includes power generation, transmission and distribution, rotating machinery, illumination, wire communication systems and servomechanisms.
- Includes circuit theory, computer design and development, instrumentation, radio communications, semiconductor devices, solid state devices, and television systems.
- Assist in developing electronic sub-system and system designs within EMC Group
- Developing skills / techniques relevant to the EMC discipline
- Witness and adopt how hardware designs are developed, documented, tested, controlled and maintained
- Prepare design documentation, Test plans & Test Reports in accordance with the requirements of RTCA/DO-160 or MIL-STD-461
- Lead EMC testing, investigations & qualification of products at Collins Aerospace Windsor Locks EMC labs
- Participating in supplier visits or trials on / off site where necessary
- Represent the organization at conferences, meetings, boards, panels, committees, or working groups to present and explain findings or recommendations, negotiate compromises or agreements, or exchange information.
- Expected Travel 10%
- Bachelor's degree and 7 years of relevant experience OR
- Advance degree and 5 years of relevant experience OR
- In absence of a degree, 11 years of relevant experience is required
- Must be a U.S. Person/Permanent Resident "Green Card" holder
- BS degree in Physics or Electrical Engineering
- 7+ years of relevant experience
- EMI Certification Experience
- Demonstrated experience using problem solving skills to innovate and deliver alternative solutions or approaches
- Demonstrated experience working successfully under pressure and within time constraints
- Demonstrated experience leveraging organizational skills to multi-task amidst rapid change
- Hardware Verification experience including, test procedure development, robustness testing and debug/troubleshooting for root cause corrective action investigations
- Experience with hardware configuration management and problem reporting tools
- Detailed knowledge of EMC phenomena, theory and practices
- Hands-on experience with test equipment such as signal generators, spectrum analyzers, and oscilloscopes
- Experience with commercial or military EMC standards RTCA/DO-160 or MIL-STD-461
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers' toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
We make modern flight possible for millions of travelers and our military every second. Our major product lines are on-board virtually every aircraft flying. Be it keeping passengers safe with our emergency power generation systems or creating a positive in-flight experience through reliable cabin pressure controls and quieter engines, Power & Controls focuses on delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. We hire the top people in the industry. Their ideas drive our performance, and their integrity keeps our customers happy. Join us as we take flight!
Collins Aerospace Diversity & Inclusion Statement:
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Optional coverage you can buy: Pet Insurance, Home and Auto, additional life insurance, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, group legal
- Ovia Health, fertility and family planning
- Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 5 free counseling sessions
- Redbrick - Incentives for a Healthy You
- Autism Benefit
- Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
- Adoption Assistance
- Best Doctors, second opinion program
- And more!
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form - with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that's redefining aerospace, every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Back to top