Design Assurance Center Engineer (m/w/d)
- Heidelberg, Germany
Who we are
At Collins Aerospace, we work side-by-side with our customers to tackle the toughest challenges in aerospace and defense. We're combining boundless imagination with a broad portfolio and an unmatched dedication to customers - all to make the skies and spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever.
Our site in Heidelberg has the following core competencies:
- Avionics Systems
- On-board electronics for land vehicles
- Products for the aerospace industry
We have established ourselves as a leading supplier of customized electronics solutions for the aerospace and defense industries. Collins Aerospace in Heidelberg supplies integrated navigation and communications systems for a wide range of military applications and is a global leader in satellite reaction wheel technology.
We are redefining aerospace.
We're looking for an experienced aerospace engineering professional who is interested in working together with others to achieve excellence in design and efficient lifecycle execution. This position is responsible for working closely with software, hardware and systems engineering teams to provide quality-focused technical and process oversight of product developments throughout their lifecycle.
As a Design Assurance Center team member, you will help ensure designs meet quality expectations, as well as customer, regulatory, and other requirements, and influence the adoption of engineering best practices to identify and eliminate defects before delivery.
This position requires the applicant to have demonstrated experience in software, hardware and systems development process and methods, including planning, requirements capture/decomposition, implementation, verification, and validation.
- Establishing rapport across the organization, including leadership, engineering teams, shared service teams, and customers.
- Assisting with engineering project planning activities to ensure plans consider program requirements and past lessons learned.
- Assessing proactively the quality health of projects using objective measurements and audits.
- Advising project teams and leadership of design quality trends and systemic issues.
- Working with others to investigate, determine root cause, and recommend corrective actions to deliver high quality designs
- Mentoring less-experienced engineers in the areas of design quality, process, and regulatory requirements
- Communicating masterfully both verbally and in writing
- Ensures compliance with the site certifications (EN/AS9100D)
- Promotes Quality values across the Engineering organization
- Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience
- Working knowledge and demonstrated application of aeronautics hardware, software and systems development processes (DO-178 B/C, DO-254, ARP4754A)Experience in Ada, C/C++
- Working knowledge and demonstrated application of space hardware, and systems development processes (ECSS standards)
- Ability to defend the Quality position
- Excellent written and oral communication (english fluent)
- Fosters a culture of inclusion, development and a sense of urgency to address high priority topics
- Autonomy & strong teamwork skills
- Ability to work in high pressure, complex and critical environment ( Quality issue potentially affecting safety of flight)
- Ability to demonstrate its own project compliance to certification, safety, security, quality departments and to airworthiness authority
Back to top