Data Science Intern (Summer 2021)
- Windsor Locks, CT
United States of America
01: Building 01 Windsor Locks One Hamilton Road, Windsor Locks, CT, 06096 USA
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers' toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Collins Aerospace makes modern flight possible. Of course, that wouldn't be possible without the capabilities and technologies of our organization, as well as our engineers - a highly skilled, accomplished network that spans more than 180 sites, 24 countries and 6 Strategic Business Units (SBUs).
Our industry-leading experts are setting the standards for the aerospace industry and paving the way for the future. But as new challenges present themselves, we need fresh, creative and motivated minds to overcome these hurdles, help us break barriers and achieve new levels of innovation. Do you have what it takes to join a global, diverse organization that doesn't shy away from big opportunities? If so, we invite you to join our ranks and create the next generation of aerospace technologies.
Together, we will nurture an engineering culture that values intellectual curiosity, risk takers and integrity. A place where we will challenge ourselves, our teams, and the status quo and where we will work to find a way - the right way - to achieve what others can only dream of.
The Prognostics and Health Management (PHM) team in Central Engineering is seeking exceptional interns to help development of innovative diagnostic and prognostic methods for aircraft systems. The ideal candidate will be equally strong in engineering and machine learning and will have the opportunity to apply these skills to highly complex systems. This position offers the unique opportunity to work with and learn from with our talented team of engineers, data science experts and customer service representatives in support of the Collins Aerospace Digital Strategy to develop new services to improve customer experience.
- Support development of algorithms that detect and interpret changes in system behavior and predict timing of future maintenance needs
- Apply physics-based and data driven methods to optimize algorithm performance
- Develop tools to automate cleansing, manipulation, and analysis of large data sets using languages such as Python, SQL.
- Support development of state of the art analytics tools & methodologies to enable expansion of health monitoring capability across Collins Aerospace business segments.
- Support root cause analysis of in-service issues and incorporate lessons learned into improved design standards
- Proficiency in manipulating and analyzing large, complex, multi-dimensional data sets
- Naturally inquisitive and skilled in exploratory data analysis, formulating and testing hypotheses
- Results-oriented and motivated to provide solutions with measurable benefit to our customer and business
- Ability to communicate with clarity and precision
- Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent and student must be pursuing a Bachelor's or advanced degree in an applicable discipline.
- Must be a U.S. Person/Permanent Resident "Green Card" holder
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form - with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that's redefining aerospace, every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Back to top