United States of America
HIA32: Cedar Rapids, IA 400 Collins Rd NE , Cedar Rapids, IA, 52498-0505 USA
Collins Aerospace is seeking an Engineer, disciplined in Software Engineering, for our low-level platform software team located in Cedar Rapids, IA. This organization is responsible for developing and supporting real-time embedded software for numerous processing platforms used in our military and commercial avionics products and cockpit display systems including our safety critical, civil certifiable, multicore processing environment.
As an engineer on our team you will be involved in the design, development, integration and verification of our embedded operating system, applications, and drivers. We work in an embedded Linux, coded in C/C++, so proficiency in these areas will help the candidate come up to speed quickly. Knowledge of DO178C DAL-A safety critical systems and secure software development is preferred but not required. Experience working in an Agile environment would also be preferred.
Candidates must be able to work at a system level understanding the designs and interactions of the system hardware and software components. Candidates are also required to have excellent communication skills to communicate technical issues and status in both written and oral form to internal and external customers. The candidate must be adaptable to change, determined to accomplish tasks based on program schedule, collaborate with teammates in order to make the best decisions, enjoy learning new technologies, be self-motivated and contribute to a positive work environment.
- Design, demonstrate, develop, and maintain flight-critical embedded software for military and commercial aviation solutions and avionics products.
- Specify requirements, software implementation, test case development, verification test execution, and certification.
- Develop, coordinate, and conduct complex tests and debug systems that contain logical and mathematical solutions.
- This position requires a Bachelor's degree in the appropriate discipline and 3 years of relevant experience. In the absence of a degree, 7 years of relevant experience is required.
- Must be a U.S. Person or Permanent Resident "Green Card" holder
- Experience in writing software requirements, software design and implementation, functional and integration testing, writing test cases and test procedures, and software delivery support
- Demonstrated ability to identify complex problems, evaluate options, and develop solutions
- Energetic and proactive self-starter that builds sound, collaborative relationships
- C/C++ programming experience
- Proficiency with modern software development best practices and configuration management tools
- Strong background in development of low-level software and concurrent processing solutions
- Experience developing software in a Linux build environment
- Experience with DO-178B/C (DAL A or B preferred)
- Experience developing software for real-time operating systems (VxWorks, LynxOS, GHS)
- Experience developing Cybersecurity features
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers' toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Our Avionics team advances aviation electronics and information management solutions for commercial and military customers across the world. That means we're helping passengers reach their destination safely. We're connecting aircraft operators, airports, rail and critical infrastructure with intelligent data service solutions that keep passengers, flight crews and militaries connected and informed. And we're providing industry-leading fire protection and safety systems that our customers can count on when it matters most. Are you ready to learn from the most knowledgeable experts in the industry, develop the technologies of tomorrow and reach new heights in your career? Join our Avionics team today.
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Optional coverages you can buy: Pet Insurance, Home and Auto, additional life insurance, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, group legal
- Ovia Health, fertility and family planning
- Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 5 free counseling sessions
- Redbrick - Incentives for a Healthy You
- Autism Benefit
- Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
- Adoption Assistance
- Best Doctors, second opinion program
- And more!
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form - with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that's redefining aerospace, every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms