Cargo Engineering Lead
- Jamestown, ND
United States of America
HND01: Interiors (Cargo) - Jamestown 2604 Highway 20 North, Jamestown, ND, 58401 USA
Collins Aerospace is seeking an exceptional leader to drive industry leading engineering practices in technology, product development and manufacturing support. The successful candidate will work directly with technical leaders within the Mechanical Systems business unit at Collins Aerospace to implement advanced lean product development methods that deliver robust product and process designs, reduce development costs, and manage the increasing complexity of Collins products. The Cargo Engineering Leader will work collaboratively with the leadership team to develop a comprehensive technology strategy and product portfolio to meet our long term customer and business needs. This role is a key element of the Jamestown senior leadership team, working closely with all functions to deliver the site performance objectives and ensure site adherence to company policies and procedures. The Cargo Engineering Leader also leads a global team of engineers, including team members in Poland and India.
- This leader will drive the execution of strategic programs to ensure the longevity of the product line as well as engage with industry and customer leaders to ensure current and future customer needs are consistently captured and delivered
- The development of engineering talent, and the identification and coaching of engineering leaders is a key responsibility within this role. The leader will ensure the engineering teams are trained in the advanced tools, techniques and processes to drive superior quality into every product we produce
- The candidate will contribute to the development of program execution and certification plans and ensure the overall resource demands in terms of staffing, test facilities, and capabilities satisfy the needs of the program execution teams.
- Will work with Discipline Managers, Program Chief Engineer, and Engineering Integrated Product Team (IPT) leaders to identify short and long term capacity and capability gaps and drive corresponding plans to resolve differences between resource supply versus demand. This will include development of internal and external relationships to leverage state-of-the-art non-core engineering capabilities
- This role has responsibility for overall Design Authority for the site and provides the senior level technical and engineering interface into customers and internally within Collins Aerospace. The candidate is accountable for ensuring rigorous design reviews are conducted to underpin formal certification of each deliverable product. Will also manage engineering budgets, headcount and cost centers to ensure accurate forecasts are maintained and financial obligations are achieved
- Bachelor's degree and 12 years of relevant experience OR
- Advance degree and 10 years of relevant experience OR
- In absence of a degree, 16 years of relevant experience is required
- Must be a U.S. Person/Permanent Resident "Green Card" holder
- Project management and performance measurement using an Earned Value Management System (EVMS)
- Requirements Management & Financial/Budgeting Acumen
- Direct experience with Lean, Agile, ACE, PPAP, and policy deployment
- Directly manage and lead large teams of individual specialists and managers. Ability to lead multi-disciplinary, multi-organization teams. Has the ability to work across the organization and various disciplines, including Engineering, Quality, Business and Operations
- Experience running multiple complex projects that include teams from multiple locations and countries
- Experience of project management and strategic planning.
- Ability to communicate complex technical subjects with clarity and precision. Ability to prepare and deliver internal/external technical and business presentations
- Ability to lead and coach people to develop core leadership skills and innovative solutions to problems
- The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience with leading organizations involved in the execution of a large portfolio of technically advanced engineering programs
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 10%
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry.
The high quality products we design, test and produce in our Mechanical Systems help millions of passengers reach their destinations safely - every day! From landing systems, cargo systems, and actuation to propellers, flight controls and hoist and winch - the products we manufacture work together behind the scenes to enhance the overall flight experience. Our global team is committed to continuous improvement - we work hard to make our solutions lighter-weight, stronger and more technically advanced, so that plane travel can be safer, more affordable and more sustainable in the years to come.
Collins Aerospace makes modern flight possible. Of course, that wouldn't be possible without the capabilities and technologies of our organization, as well as our engineers - a highly skilled, accomplished network that spans more than 180 sites, 24 countries and 6 Strategic Business Units (SBUs).
Our industry-leading experts are setting the standards for the aerospace industry and paving the way for the future. But as new challenges present themselves, we need fresh, creative and motivated minds to overcome these hurdles, help us break barriers and achieve new levels of innovation. Do you have what it takes to join a global, diverse organization that doesn't shy away from big opportunities? If so, we invite you to join our ranks and create the next generation of aerospace technologies.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Optional coverages you can buy: Pet Insurance, Home and Auto, additional life insurance, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, group legal
- Adoption Assistance
- Best Doctors, second opinion program
- And more!
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form - with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that's redefining aerospace, every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Back to top