Associate Software Engineer (New Grad)
- Burlington, VT
United States of America
HVT01: S&IS (FUS) - Vergennes 100 Panton Rd, Vergennes, VT, 05491 USA
This position is for an entry-level Software Engineering professional responsible for software engineering processes and activities. Consolidates test results and conducts single disciplinary research, applying hardware and software standards .
- Conducts engineering processes and standard work, including verification and qualification procedures.
- Compiles and consolidates testing on diagnostic systems containing logical and mathematical solutions.
- Assists in conducting disciplinary research on one or more stages of the equipment design phase to develop design options and recommendations.
- Learns hardware and software standards and ensures work product adheres to these standards and business objectives of the organization are met.
- Designs, develops, documents, tests and debugs control and diagnostic systems that contain logical and mathematical solutions.
- Conducts multidisciplinary research and collaborates with equipment designers in the planning, design, development, and utilization of electronic data processing systems for product and commercial software.
- Determines end user needs by analyzing system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements and input data acquisition.
- Ensures hardware and software standards are met.
- Designs and implements build procedures that are used to support hardware and software product development and use.
- May develop software configuration standards for company-wide use.
- May train software developers in the use of configuration management tools and the implementation of software quality standards.
- Includes control modeling (model based design).
- Participate in Requirement/Design and Code reviews
- Analyze software requirements and define software test cases from requirements
- Define and implement automated verification scripts
- Develop and review software test procedures
- Support development of electrical, mechanical, and software specifications to test end items
- Excellent analytical and mathematics skills
- Proactive outlook and exceptional communication skills
- Ability to work in remote teams
- Ability to comfortably program in C, C++, Python or Ada
- Bachelor's degree OR
- In absence of a degree, 6 years of relevant experience is required
- Must be a U.S. Person/Permanent Resident "Green Card" holder
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers' toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Do you want to be a part of something bigger? A team whose impact stretches across the world, and even beyond? At Collins Aerospace, our Mission Systems team helps civilian, military and government customers complete their most complex missions - whatever and wherever they may be. Our customers depend on us for intelligent and secure communications, missionized systems for specialized aircraft and spacecraft and collaborative space solutions. By joining our team, you'll have your own critical part to play in ensuring our customer succeeds today while anticipating their needs for tomorrow. Are you up for the challenge? Join our mission today.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Optional coverages you can buy: Pet Insurance, Home and Auto, additional life insurance, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, group legal
- Ovia Health, fertility and family planning
- Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 5 free counseling sessions
- Redbrick - Incentives for a Healthy You
- Autism Benefit
- Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
- Adoption Assistance
- Best Doctors, second opinion program
- And more!
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form - with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that's redefining aerospace, every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Back to top