Associate Engineer, Electrical Engineering
- Cedar Rapids, IA
United States of America
HIA32: Cedar Rapids, IA 400 Collins Rd NE , Cedar Rapids, IA, 52498-0505 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we're dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry - all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies- Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems - we're driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
Our Avionics team advances aviation electronics and information management solutions for commercial and military customers across the world. That means we're helping passengers reach their destination safely. We're connecting aircraft operators, airports, rail and critical infrastructure with intelligent data service solutions that keep passengers, flight crews and militaries connected and informed. And we're providing industry-leading fire protection and safety systems that our customers can count on when it matters most. Are you ready to learn from the most knowledgeable experts in the industry, develop the technologies of tomorrow and reach new heights in your career? Join our Avionics team today.Collins Aerospace makes modern flight possible. Of course, that wouldn't be possible without the capabilities and technologies of our organization, as well as our engineers - a highly skilled, accomplished network that spans more than 180 sites, 24 countries and 6 Strategic Business Units (SBUs).
Our industry-leading experts are setting the standards for the aerospace industry and paving the way for the future. But as new challenges present themselves, we need fresh, creative and motivated minds to overcome these hurdles, help us break barriers and achieve new levels of innovation. Do you have what it takes to join a global, diverse organization that doesn't shy away from big opportunities? If so, we invite you to join our ranks and create the next generation of aerospace technologies.
Together, we will nurture an engineering culture that values intellectual curiosity, risk takers and integrity. A place where we will challenge ourselves, our teams, and the status quo and where we will work to find a way - the right way - to achieve what others can only dream of.
The Displays Center is searching for an Associate Electrical Engineer to join our team. We like to learn, have fun, and make a difference! It comes easily when you work on cool products with hard-working individuals who share the same passion. Our Displays engineering team leads the industry with cost competitive, innovative technology that sets us apart from our competition and helps our customers make the most of their investment in our products. We are responsible for designing displays for both commercial and military avionics as well as ground vehicles.
We are looking for a strong, passionate problem-solver with an action-oriented, collaborative mindset who strives to exceed expectations. This person will be in a cross disciplinary team environment, working with personnel from engineering, production, procurement, and quality, among other organizations. This person will thrive on tackling challenges, as the position requires the use of problem solving skills in a hands-on work environment to address problems and implement appropriate design or process changes.
The successful candidate will lead small projects on their own and mentor with more senior engineers to expand their understanding of display technology, engineering methods, and enterprise processes. Typical responsibilities include utilizing problem solving and design skills along with root cause corrective action processes to implement changes to documented electrical designs; coordinating the generation, release, and maintenance of complex technical documentation; supporting integration and environmental qualification testing of new products; and technical support of legacy products during the production phase.
- Design, test, analyze, integrate, qualify, and document hardware of moderate complexity
- Develop and document changes to hardware requirements documentation, applying knowledge of processes, tools, and methods in the management and tracking of hardware requirements
- Work closely with other engineering disciplines (ie. mechanical and systems engineering) to ensure the electrical design is appropriate for the project/product design approach
- Understand and utilize the appropriate processes and tools during product development, resulting in increased product quality and improved customer satisfaction
- Participate in cross-functional team efforts in integration, pre-qualification, and qualification for products and subsystems of moderate complexity
- Contribute to the engineering estimates for moderate scope electrical design problems
- Experience with commercial or military display products or systems
- Knowledge of applicable MIL-STDs, DO Specifications, ARINC 818, ARINC 429, and boundary scan.
- Experience or training in all aspects of the hardware life cycle, including requirements capture, design and development, requirements verification, qualification, and certification
- This position requires a Bachelor's degree in the appropriate discipline and less than 3 years of relevant experience. In the absence of a degree, 4 years of relevant experience is required.
- Domain knowledge of digital electronics and experience designing circuit boards
- Experience with hands-on troubleshooting using engineering lab equipment
- Possess a collaborative way of working and excellent interpersonal communication skills
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form - with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• And more
Apply now and be part of the team that's redefining aerospace, every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Back to top