Associate Electrical Engineer (New Grad)
- Cedar Rapids, IA
United States of America
HIA32: Cedar Rapids, IA 400 Collins Rd NE , Cedar Rapids, IA, 52498-0505 USA
Avionics Test Engineering is seeking to fill a Test Engineering position with a talented individual who possesses a BSEE or BSCmptrE degree. The primary responsibility of this position is to develop test software and hardware for aviation products. Test Engineering offers an array of innovative test equipment solutions for Collins Aerospace products and programs. We serve internal customers, including our manufacturing and service centers, as well as external customers - domestic and international.
The engineer who fills this position must have systems, development, troubleshooting and problem solving skills. The primary software languages used are C# and NI TestStand on multi-rack test stations. Typical test stations include components such as switch systems, signal generators, spectrum analyzers, oscilloscopes, DMM's, power supplies and other RF or digital related equipment. This position also requires development and support of Environmental Stress Screening (thermal and vibration) test equipment and software suites.
Typical responsibilities may include:
- Design, code, test, integrate and document production test software for aviation products
- Design test hardware including fixtures, cabling, and circuit cards
- Contribute to engineering estimates for moderate complexity tasks
- Contribute to engineering requirements capture, analysis and creation for moderate complexity designs
- Coordinate test software design reviews and ensure the generation of appropriate design documentation
- Prepare and present project and/or technical information to peers, internal management and customers
- Bachelor's degree OR
- In absence of a degree, 6 years of relevant experience is required
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Must have or be capable of obtaining a US Department of Defense (DoD) security clearance. Candidate selected will be subject to a government security investigation/reinstatement and must meet eligibility requirements
- Programming with C#/C++/LabVIEW
- Fundamental knowledge of RF and digital electronics
- Experience with test equipment such as Oscilloscopes, Digital Multimeters, Signal Generators, etc.
- Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Attention to details
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers' toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Our Avionics team advances aviation electronics and information management solutions for commercial and military customers across the world. That means we're helping passengers reach their destination safely. We're connecting aircraft operators, airports, rail and critical infrastructure with intelligent data service solutions that keep passengers, flight crews and militaries connected and informed. And we're providing industry-leading fire protection and safety systems that our customers can count on when it matters most. Are you ready to learn from the most knowledgeable experts in the industry, develop the technologies of tomorrow and reach new heights in your career? Join our Avionics team today.
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Optional coverages you can buy: Pet Insurance, Home and Auto, additional life insurance, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, group legal
- Ovia Health, fertility and family planning
- Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 5 free counseling sessions
- Redbrick - Incentives for a Healthy You
- Autism Benefit
- Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
- Adoption Assistance
- Best Doctors, second opinion program
- And more!
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form - with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that's redefining aerospace, every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Back to top