Associate Director Safety & Reliability
- Windsor Locks, CT
United States of America
01: Building 01 Windsor Locks One Hamilton Road, Windsor Locks, CT, 06096 USA
We are searching for a Functional Manager , Safety and Reliability, Mission Systems, within the ISRSS Windsor Locks and Houston facilities, focused on our extremely diverse product line encompassing life support and thermal control systems. In this position, the Functional Manager will be responsible for both functional and technical leadership, management and oversight of the Product Safety and Reliability disciplines. The Functional Manager will have an exciting opportunity to provide strong functional leadership while also providing a significant technical direction on executing the Collins Product Safety Management Systems for the ISRS multi-sites products portfolio.
This position also serves as the ISRS Product Safety Authority functional leadership for the Product Safety Management System (PSMS). The ISRS Product Safety Authority shall advise the engineering executives regarding implementation of product safety strategies, policies, standards as well as to ensure Collins PSMS compliance and advance product safety. The ISRS Product Safety Authority shall oversee the implementation and audit compliance of the Flight Safety Parts (SP) including specific training on an effective ISRS Safety Parts management. The ability to discuss and provide directions on system safety product risk assessment and mitigation methodology across the ISRS sites product and thorough understanding of PSMS requirements are key attributes to this assignment.
- Provide periodic reporting to value stream and engineering leadership on the status of program safety & reliability commitments
- Provide technical oversight and guidance to the Safety & Reliability team
- Manage the engineering and site RRCA process ensuring effectiveness of corrective action to prevent product failures
- Participate on the site Corrective Action Board (CAB)
- Lead hazard and risk reviews and analysis of engineering design concepts verifying safe product operation
- Manage Collins Aerospace E-CAB process and help bring ISRS technical closures and lesson learned across the business for product escapes
- Address any near-term or longer-term staffing gaps using both permanent hires, and work with Human Resources or contractors through IQN
- Use the ACE operating systems, driving process improvements associated with the Safety & Reliability discipline
- Provide career development of junior and senior engineers as well as subject matter experts within the department
- Ensure functional critical skills are maintained
- Hold weekly or bi-weekly staff meetings to include all associates and hold twice yearly (minimum) performance feedback for all associates
- Review and sign time cards on a weekly basis
- Minimum of 5 years of management experience in product safety and reliability
- The ability to lead and foster an engineering team is critical to this management role in both the functional development arena as well as program/project implementation areas
- A keen understanding of safety mission assurance requirements and strong principles in product safety, schematic development, hazard identification and mitigation methods applied to space-based, ground, and airborne systems
- Demonstrated background on RCA, Fault Tree Analysis and the ability to collaborate with functional owners to address systemic issue and prevent recurrence
- Familiarity with NASA/DOD product safety and reliability standards
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution and 10 years of relevant experience OR
- Advance degree from an accredited institution and 8 years of relevant experience OR
- In absence of a degree, 14 years of relevant experience is required
- Must be a U.S. Person/Permanent Resident "Green Card" holder
- Prior experience with systems development for NASA human space flight is strongly preferred
- Master's degree is science, technology, engineering, or mathematics is preferred
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers' toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Do you want to be a part of something bigger? A team whose impact stretches across the world, and even beyond? At Collins Aerospace, our Mission Systems team helps civilian, military and government customers complete their most complex missions - whatever and wherever they may be. Our customers depend on us for intelligent and secure communications, missionized systems for specialized aircraft and spacecraft and collaborative space solutions. By joining our team, you'll have your own critical part to play in ensuring our customer succeeds today while anticipating their needs for tomorrow. Are you up for the challenge? Join our mission today.
We make modern flight possible for millions of travelers and our military every second. Our major product lines are on-board virtually every aircraft flying. Be it keeping passengers safe with our emergency power generation systems or creating a positive in-flight experience through reliable cabin pressure controls and quieter engines, Power & Controls focuses on delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. We hire the top people in the industry. Their ideas drive our performance, and their integrity keeps our customers happy. Join us as we take flight!
Collins Aerospace Diversity & Inclusion Statement:
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
Our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Optional coverages you can buy: Pet Insurance, Home and Auto, additional life insurance, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, group legal
- Ovia Health, fertility and family planning
- Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 5 free counseling sessions
- Redbrick - Incentives for a Healthy You
- Autism Benefit
- Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
- Adoption Assistance
- Best Doctors, second opinion program
- And more!
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
- This position is considered safety sensitive in accordance with NASA Guidelines. Candidate will be subject to drug and alcohol testing per NASA's regulation SUBPART 1835.5 Drug- Free Workforce
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form - with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that's redefining aerospace, every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Back to top