Associate Cybersecurity Engineer (New Grad)
- Annapolis, MD
United States of America
HMD31: Annapolis, MD 2551 Riva Road , Annapolis, MD, 21401-7435 USA
Collins Aerospace is seeking an Associate Cybersecurity Engineer who will collaborate with a team of security engineers to continuously improve the cyber-security of Collins services globally. The team's primary responsibility is the recurring assessment of Collins services, their respective and dynamic threat environments, and the identification of subsequent gaps that require remediation. The Cybersecurity Engineer along with the other security team members will work closely with Collins' services engineering teams to define the architectural, technical, and procedural changes necessary to support remediation.
- Execute and refine processes to assess the cyber-security of existing services
- Gain subject matter expertise in one or more Collins services
- Select mitigating controls with consideration of utility and cost effectiveness
- Work closely with services engineering to define a prioritized roadmap to reduce cyber-security risk and participate in execution
- Participate in initial system/service design threat modeling, risk analysis, and documentation of cyber-security requirements
- Work with internal stakeholders to respond to customer security questionnaires (pre and post-sales).
- Participate in audits conducted by customers or their designated third party
- Contribute to reports and briefings for both technical and executive staff to communicate changes to risk landscape and progress on remediation
- Participate in the selection of cyber-security tools, services, and processes
- Gain expertise in one or more cyber-security tools, services, or processes
- Act as contributor in the creation of cyber-security deliverables for system/services such as System Security Plans and Incident Response Plans
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Good presentation skills with the ability to present to a variety of audiences
- General knowledge of cyber-security with an affinity to at least two domains such as network security, host security, secure system/software development lifecycle, monitoring, etc.
- Knowledge of with major security frameworks (e.g. NIST, ISO, PCI)
- Bachelor's degree OR
- In absence of a degree, 6 years of relevant experience is required
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Technical certification, such as Network + or Security+ are preferred
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers' toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Our Avionics team advances aviation electronics and information management solutions for commercial and military customers across the world. That means we're helping passengers reach their destination safely. We're connecting aircraft operators, airports, rail and critical infrastructure with intelligent data service solutions that keep passengers, flight crews and militaries connected and informed. And we're providing industry-leading fire protection and safety systems that our customers can count on when it matters most. Are you ready to learn from the most knowledgeable experts in the industry, develop the technologies of tomorrow and reach new heights in your career? Join our Avionics team today.
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Optional coverages you can buy: Pet Insurance, Home and Auto, additional life insurance, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, group legal
- Ovia Health, fertility and family planning
- Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 5 free counseling sessions
- Redbrick - Incentives for a Healthy You
- Autism Benefit
- Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
- Adoption Assistance
- Best Doctors, second opinion program
- And more!
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form - with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that's redefining aerospace, every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Back to top