- Corona, CA
Collins Aerospace is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together Rockwell Collins and UTC Aerospace Systems, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers' toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
At Collins Aerospace, our Interiors team is focused on innovation, safety and cost efficiency. But we don't just get people from point A to point B. We are committed to making air travel more comfortable, connected and secure. As a leader in aviation interior products and services, we are helping airlines and original equipment manufacturers create a positive experience for their customers. With offices and manufacturing facilities in more than 12 states across the U.S. and more than 10 countries around the globe, we are changing the game of aircraft interiors. Are you ready to join our team?
As a leader in the aerospace industry, we have a number of exciting positions available right now, including a Temporary Assembler in our Interiors business located in Corona, CA.
Reporting to the Operations Supervisor, the Assembler will be responsible for the manufacturing, assembly, quality and packaging of panels to meet the delivery schedule.
- Perform assembly work for honeycomb composite panels (cutting raw material, potting, sanding, inserting adhesives and embedded components)
- Utilizes tools such as knife, wire strippers, sanders, vacuums, tape measures, putty knives.
- Reviews and interpret assembly instructions per the job traveler, drawings, blueprints, etc.
- Determines if all parts are present and review materials for expiration, lot information following FIFO rules.
- Assembles the product following proper PPE and instructions.
- Verifies throughout the process product is being assembled per the specifications by the use of measuring tools, calipers, or other methods to verify thickness, weight, etc.
- Completes material transaction or other documentation necessary.
- Resolves assembly and production issues.
- Reports errors in production line.
- Maintains shop floor area clean and safe.
- High School Diploma or general education degree (GED); and a minimum six months related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate verbally and in written form.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to understand and carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
- Ability to lift and/or carry up to 50 lbs +. on a continuous basis
- Experience in a highly regulated industry in manufacturing, especially aerospace.
- Well organized with solid judgment; able to multitask and adjust to changing priorities.
- Desire to identify continuous improvement opportunities and lead projects to make improvements to processes, procedures, etc
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed descriptions of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Back to top