Airborne and Ground Military Communications Senior Systems Engineer
- Cedar Rapids, IA
United States of America
HIA32: Cedar Rapids, IA 400 Collins Rd NE , Cedar Rapids, IA, 52498-0505 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we're dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry - all to redefine aerospace.
Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
At Collins Aerospace, our Mission Systems team helps civilian, military and government customers complete their most complex missions - whatever and wherever they may be. Our customers depend on us for intelligent and secure communications, missionized systems for specialized aircraft and spacecraft and collaborative space solutions. By joining our team, you'll have your own critical part to play in ensuring our customer succeeds today while anticipating their needs for tomorrow. Are you up for the challenge? Join our mission today.Collins Aerospace makes modern flight possible. Of course, that wouldn't be possible without the capabilities and technologies of our organization, as well as our engineers - a highly skilled, accomplished network that spans more than 180 sites, 24 countries and 6 Strategic Business Units (SBUs).
Our industry-leading experts are setting the standards for the aerospace industry and paving the way for the future. But as new challenges present themselves, we need fresh, creative and motivated minds to overcome these hurdles, help us break barriers and achieve new levels of innovation. Do you have what it takes to join a global, diverse organization that doesn't shy away from big opportunities? If so, we invite you to join our ranks and create the next generation of aerospace technologies.
Together, we will nurture an engineering culture that values intellectual curiosity, risk takers and integrity. A place where we will challenge ourselves, our teams, and the status quo and where we will work to find a way - the right way - to achieve what others can only dream of.
Become part of the growing Government Systems Communication Products Organization! As a Senior Systems Engineer, you will design and develop military software-defined radio products covering all spectrum bands. You will play an integral role in developing the next generation of both networking and non-networking software defined radio waveforms for existing and new communication platforms. You will interface with multi-discipline engineering teams to create solutions addressing both domestic and international customer needs. This position is for a seasoned Systems Engineering professional, working independently. Converts product requirements into total system solutions, leads trade studies, and implements common work practices.
We are seeking individuals for systems engineering teams with the technical skills to quickly come up to speed on the software and electrical aspects of our software defined radios. The successful candidate will participate in all phases of the product lifecycle for our communication products. Key responsibilities include: Top level radio operation and troubleshooting; integration and verification of new embedded software and hardware; requirements capture, analysis, and validation; and resolving technical problems across functional domain areas.
- Executes objectives for requirements management, reliability, logistics, coordination of different teams, evaluation measurements, and other disciplines for large or complex projects.
- Monitors the cost, effectiveness, and reliability of activities and recommend modifications to optimize resources, prioritize spending, and ensure that standards are met
- Manages work-processes, optimization methods, and risk management tools for large or complex projects.
- Researches and evaluates investments or changes in technology, resources, procedures, equipment, systems, or other assets to improve the quality of the organization's systems products and services.
- Provides analysis for the decomposition of customer specifications and system level requirements into sub-system and piece part requirements, and develops verification criteria and plans for the requirements
- Performs analysis at all levels of the total system product including concept, design, fabrication, modeling, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal.
- Performs technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems.
- Considers and evaluates alternatives accounting for similar metrics.
- Manages configuration process, performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
- Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
- Performs architectural exploration.
- Decomposes customer specifications and system level requirements into sub-system and piece part requirements, and generates verification criteria and plans for the requirements.
- U.S. Citizenship is required for this position. U.S. DoD Security Clearance is desired but not required.
- This position requires a Bachelor's degree in the appropriate discipline and 5 years of relevant experience or an Advanced degree in the appropriate discipline and 3 years of relevant experience. In the absence of a degree, 9 years of relevant experience is required.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form - with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- And more
Apply now and be part of the team that's redefining aerospace, every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Back to top