Aftermarket Supply Chain Management Co-op (Summer/Fall 2021)
- Monroe, NC
United States of America
HNC12: Customer Services - Monroe 4115 Corporate Center Drive, Monroe, NC, 28110 USA
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers' toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
The next chapter of our future as an aerospace company is here, and we are excited about what this means for our employees and customers! Get onboard the Collins Aerospace Operations team and play a part in managing our innovative products from inception to delivery. The Operations team continues to grow and aims to strengthen the connection of Manufacturing Operations, Supply Chain and Environment, Health & Safety (EH&S) across Collins Aerospace. In this dynamic environment, you will have the opportunity to network across our businesses and functions, all while improving the productivity, quality and efficiency of our operations worldwide.
The candidate for this co-op position will report to the Supply Chain Manager within Aftermarket Customer Service. The candidate should possess outstanding leadership, interpersonal and project management skills. Additionally, applicants should have excellent communication skills as he or she will have the opportunity to interface with peers, management and Collins' Aerospace Senior Leadership. This individual will be responsible for specific project deliverables, decision support assistance and support of operational and organizational performance.
This role requires attention to detail, the ability to focus on results and strong analytical skills as the individual will have the opportunity to drive the success of our organization. Several projects or functions will be assigned to the candidate based on their specific skill set and interests. These may include Pricing File maintenance, Contract Compliance Matrix generation, negotiation support, supplier management, delivery assurance, supplier performance assessment/corrective action and Quality oversight and management.
The candidate must possess a high level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint. It is expected that the candidate will be comfortable working with large amounts of data and drawing conclusions based on his or her analysis of the data. This role will also introduce the candidate to our outsourcing partner, Accenture, LLC, an India based organization that provides supplier related interface and assists in strategic contract and supply chain activities. It will be necessary for the candidate to interface with both internal and external entities such as Supplier repair stations, Customer Administration, Accenture, Collins Supply Chain and Program Management.
Candidate must be a U.S. Citizen or be authorized to work in the USA with a cumulative Grade Point Average of 3.0 or greater
LOCATION: Windsor Locks CT, Rockford IL, Monroe NC.
Required skills are the ability to:
- Understand and use common Microsoft applications (proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint)
- Analyze large amounts of data identifying actions based on the results
- Listen and communicate effectively
- Take direction and be self-directed in managing daily tasks and schedules
- Make use of problem solving skills
- Manage projects to completion providing deliverables as scheduled
- Utilize interpersonal skills to work well within the team environment
Preferred Skills are the ability to:
- Be process-focused and identify where improvements are necessary
- An understanding of any of the modern data analysis programs
- Understand Microsoft Access
- Manage key tactical repair processes to internal turn time requirements
- Support Customer Account Managers by liaising between the suppliers for pertinent information needed to execute repair activity. Activities include, but are not limited to: obtaining supplier delivery dates, analyzing repair quotes to contracted prices, & overall purchase order management for repair & overhaul activity.
- Execute critical supply chain and supply management activities to achieve 95% OTD and operational performance days In house (DIH) objectives
Education or Experience sought:
Ideal candidates will be pursuing a Bachelors or Masters Degree with a concentration in Program Management, Supply Chain Management, and Business Administration of Information technology.
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form - with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that's redefining aerospace, every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Back to top