Sr. Backend Engineer
- Wroclaw, Poland
We're Ushering a New Era of Data Participation. Interested?
We’re shaping the way companies manage data by helping customers connect the right data, insights, and algorithms for all Data Citizens. When everyone across the organisation is enabled with data, true transformation can take place. We are building a team of exceptional people to help us deliver on that promise. If you are interested in a career at the leading edge of technology, we look forward to hearing from you.
How you'll make an impact at Collibra:
To support our current and future growth, we are looking for a top-notch engineer that wants to continuously improve our products while working closely with our entire back-end team. We are an engineer-driven company where your talent is truly appreciated and maximised.
A day in the life of a Senior Backend Engineer at Collibra:
You’ll be building exciting new features for the Collibra products, together with your team members (fellow developers, QA engineers, a UX expert and a product manager).
This means that you’ll share responsibility from beginning to end to deliver great quality software:
- Formulate and suggest new ideas and features to the team to further improve our products
- Discuss technical solutions with your colleagues and the architecture team where necessary.
- Track progress while keeping a fully working product at all times.
- Together with the other developers in your team, you’ll implement the new functionalities with a passion for quality. You’ll then review the code changes from your peers before they go into the main line in Git.
- Interact closely with the QA engineers to make sure you write the necessary tests and they can give you feedback early in the process.
- Report on your progress by updating the status of the Jira issues.
- Demo fully finished parts to your team, and demo your work to the entire development and product teams (and in extent, the entire company) every month.
- Celebrate your successes!
- Achieve many great things of which to be proud, and fall asleep happily after a great working day.
- You are a Sr. Backend developer with a passion for quality, good design and clean code.
- You have 6+ years of experience in enterprise web application development using Java
- You bring a solid knowledge of relational databases (preferably PostgresQL). All additional database technologies (graph databases, big data stacks, …) are a great advantage!
- You’re a master in build- and test-tools like Jenkins, Maven/Gradle, Junit, Mockito
- You have experience working with Hibernate, Spring, IntelliJ IDEA IDE.
- Knowledge of OSGi, Apache Spark, Apache Kafka, Elastic Search, Docker, Kubernetes and database model optimization are a huge plus!
- You’re passionate about creating and finishing new things
- You love challenges and problem solving and have no fear for the unknown
- You are Agile-minded and have a positive mindset
- You put quality first
- You’re fully capable of working in English
- You are disciplined, flexible and willing to learn and improve
- The opportunity to be part of a successful, fast-growing, acknowledged market-leading, unicorn company that has been named the "Best Data Driven SaaS Product" at the 2018 SaaS Awards and acknowledged on the Forbes 2018 Cloud 100 List
- The chance to have a big impact on the company in its most robust period by building and managing a strong team and participating in the creation of a great enterprise platform
- Working in a startup-minded environment with highly skilled professionals using cutting edge tech (Java 11, Spring, Hibernate, Apache Kafka, Elastic Search, PostgreSQL, ReactJS, Apache Spark, Kubernetes, Docker and many other)
- A friendly, agile environment where your input is valued and growth is fostered
- Ongoing opportunities to collaborate with fellow Collibrians globally
- Flexible hours = quality > quantity
- Bi-weekly catered lunches.
- Did we mention happy hour?
- A spacious office easily accessible the centre of Wrocław
- A MacBook pro
- And of course, competitive benefits, compensation and equity.
Back to top