Senior Technical Program Manager
- New York, NY
We're Ushering a New Era of Data Participation. Interested?
We’re shaping the way companies manage data by helping customers connect the right data, insights, and algorithms for all Data Citizens. When everyone across the organization is enabled with data, true transformation can take place. We are building a team of exceptional people to help us deliver on that promise. If you are interested in a career at the leading edge of technology, we look forward to hearing from you.
How you'll make an impact at Collibra:
The Operations and Excellence team’s mission is to increase customer satisfaction and operational efficiency by critically evaluating, evolving and influencing our systems and processes through accessible, meaningful and data-backed insights.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Technical Program Manager to coordinate the definition, analysis, as well as the execution of key transformational programs that are highly impactful and cross-functional. In addition, this person will partner closely with the VP, Operations & Excellence and advise on strategy for redefining our vision of Excellence and on how to evolve some key parts of our SDLC to better align with the SaaS business model.
As a senior member of the Operations and Excellence team you will play a critical role in defining, implementing, and constantly raising the standards for program and project management within Product, Operations and Engineering and you will be expected to mentor and guide more junior team members.
A day in the life of a Sr. Technical Program Manager at Collibra:
You’ll be reporting directly to Madalina Tanasie, the Vice President of Operations & Excellence, and will be responsible for a wide range of tasks, including:
- Leading and delivering large initiatives and technology commitments by managing complex inter-team dependencies, issues, risks, decisions and action items.
- Leveraging your deep understanding and experience managing the development of complex software to strategically advise senior leadership on critical parts of our SDLC.
- Planning and overseeing the preparation and dissemination of program communications, preparing and presenting reports and leading conversations with the Executive team.
- Influencing team decisions and driving robust solutions and customer satisfaction through leveraging your technical acumen and focus on operational excellence
- Identifying stakeholders, setting roadmaps and strategies for the program, driving delivery, reporting status, and holding the bar on execution quality.
- Taking proactive steps to ensure teams meet or exceed expectations as well as managing expectations of cross-functional partners
- You will define and execute a roadmap to prepare team members for taking up smaller strategic initiatives and coach them to successfully drive these to completion
- Working with various domain experts from Product Managers, Engineers, Engineering Managers, UX Designers, Product Marketing, Sales, Finance, Legal, etc.
- Extensive experience with Program and Project management best practices and know-how to apply them in an effective and pragmatic way across large, complex engagements and organizations.
- Proven success in working with teams and executive leadership in a complex, global, multinational corporate environment.
- Experience managing complex engineering initiatives in a SaaS environment is a must
- You apply strategic thinking and demonstrate the ability to understand both business and technical requirements, translate between, and lead teams around a common vision to execute, manage and achieve business outcomes.
- Proven experience working in a matrix environment, managing multiple stakeholders.
- You are a team player and have excellent people management skills, including the ability to influence, negotiate and achieve results through others who are not direct reports.
- You are a pioneer who can lead the team, build relationships across the organization, and ensure that the right processes, metrics, and insights are in place.
- You take ownership, meet deadlines on time, and anticipate challenges and risks before they escalate.
- You are highly motivated, entrepreneurial, able to push through ambiguity.
- The ideal candidate has some mentoring or coaching experience and is passionate about growing the careers of the more junior team members.
- Dependency management experience in a Cloud Native/API First environment is a plus.
- Scrum Master certification is a plus.
- Experience with Jira is a plus.
What you can expect from us:
- Competitive compensation, and private company equity
- Inclusive benefits package allowing enrollment of dependents and partners
- A flexible culture that understands the importance of quality of work over quantity
- An opportunity to work with a diverse, global community of 600+ Collibrians across 18 countries, united by our value of open, direct, and kind
- A culture of company-wide collaboration and shared success.
- Company supported and employee driven resource groups that promote diversity, career development and empowerment
- Learning and development programs to advance your career and personal growth
- Corporate social responsibility initiatives with global reach
- Regular recognition, feedback, and open communication across all levels
- Team building, bonding, mentorship and support to grow confidence, trust and friendships
- Fully stocked kitchens, biweekly catered lunches, and regular social events for when we get back to the office. Until then, we’re finding new ways to stay connected and engaged.
*At Collibra, we’re focused on building a world-class company and culture, and that starts with the people we hire. We take pride in being an equal opportunity employer, and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.*
Back to top