Senior Revenue Accountant
- Atlanta, GA
We're Ushering a New Era of Data Participation. Interested?
We’re shaping the way companies manage data by helping customers connect the right data, insights, and algorithms for all Data Citizens. When everyone across the organization is enabled with data, true transformation can take place. We are building a team of exceptional people to help us deliver on that promise. If you are interested in a career at the leading edge of technology, we look forward to hearing from you.
How you'll make an impact at Collibra:
We are looking for a high-energy, hands-on Senior Revenue Accountant to be responsible for sales orders, and recording revenue in in accordance with US GAAP. This person will perform various monthly revenue reconciliations and variance analysis to ensure transactions are properly recorded. The Revenue Analyst with other teams in support of the company’s revenue drivers and initiatives.
The ideal candidate will possess great attention to detail, technical expertise and operational experience in the order-to-cash process. This is an excellent opportunity for an individual to develop his/her career progressively and comprehensively at a fast-growing company.
A day in the life of a Senior Revenue Accountant at Collibra:
You’ll be reporting directly to the Senior Revenue Manager, and will be responsible for a wide range of tasks, including:
- Reviewing and approving sales orders as part of the order-to-cash process.
- Ensuring proper revenue recognition in accordance with company policy and revenue recognition standards - ASC 606 for multiple revenue streams including Cloud Subscription, Term License and Professional Services.
- Partnering with cross-functional teams (Deal Desk, Order Ops, Professional Services) to resolve Sales Order related issues.
- Performing contract analysis review and prepare related revenue schedules to verify subscription contracts have been accurately recorded In NetSuite ARM.
- Completing month-end and quarter-end close assignments, including preparing journal entries, analytics and account reconciliations for revenue and related accounts.
- Assisting with analysis on deferred revenue including deferred revenue roll forwards and calculation of the short term/long term classifications.
- Assisting in maintaining and updating internal documentation for revenue policies, procedures, controls, and compliance.
- Preparing schedules and supporting documents for close activities, external audits, and other internal reporting processes.
- Participating in continual process improvements: automation, implementation of industry best practices, and the development and implementation of internal controls to the software quote-to-cash process.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance. CPA is preferred.
- 3-5 years experience auditing software/technology companies
- Experience with ASC606 Software Revenue Recognition and contract review.
- Experience with NetSuite, Salesforce or equivalent systems.
- Team player with strong interpersonal, communication and messaging skills
- A highly productive self-starter with a strong work ethic and commitment to excellence
- Solid planning and prioritization skills. Demonstrates high energy with the ability to remain flexible and change priorities in a challenging and fast-paced environment.
- Experience working in a high-growth technology company is a plus.
- A friendly, rapidly growing environment where your input is valued and growth is fostered
- Ongoing opportunities to collaborate with fellow Collibrians globally
- Flexible hours = quality > quantity
- Bi-monthly catered lunches. Never go hungry again!
- Did we mention happy hour?
- Spacious brand new offices in NYC
- A state-of-the-art laptop for work
- And of course, competitive benefits, compensation and equity
At Collibra, we’re focused on building a world-class company and culture, and that starts with the people we hire. We take pride in being an equal opportunity employer. Collibra considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class
Back to top