Full Stack Engineer, Privacy & Risk
- Brussels, Belgium
Today, organizations across all industries are using data for nearly every business decision, and the value of reliable, trustworthy data has grown exponentially as a way to gain competitive advantage. Collibra was built to be the system of record for all data professionals.
Our scalable, cloud-based platform provides people with a uniform view of their data landscape, independent of where or how the data is stored. This enables people to automate processes, find and understand their data, and trust the data to make confident, informed business decisions - something we call Data Intelligence.
Founded in 2008 in Brussels, Belgium
Named Belgium’s first Tech Unicorn in 2019
$345.5M in funding
600+ employes across 18 countries
Global offices in Brussels, NYC, Wroclaw and Atlanta
Co-working locations in London, Paris and Melbourne
Main tech stack: AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, Java, Spring, PostgresQL, React, TypeScript, GraphQL and many others
How you'll make an impact at Collibra:
As a Full Stack Engineer, you are a key player in helping key Collibra Products prove their value in the market. We are an engineer-driven company where we develop multiple products on the same business platform. As a Full stack Engineer, you will be building a new product (s) and features for current products together with your team members (Software Engineers, QA engineers, a UX experts, and a Product Managers, Cloud Engineers,...).
A day in the life of a Full Stack Engineer at Collibra:
Some of your daily responsibilities will be:
- Design and develop new features for a product
- Do peer programming and code review over bitbucket
- Formulate, suggest and develop new ideas and features to further improve our products
- Involve Software Architects in technical decisions taken for our projects
- Follow software development process using Jira and Bitbucket
- Help define product strategy with Product Managers
- Follow agile process to make sure your deliverables are visible for all the team and company stakeholders
- Work closely with:
- PM to prepare user stories and roadmap for the team
- Devs and QAs to deliver a high-quality product
- UX to have a beautiful and easy-to-use product
You have/ You are:
- You are a strong software engineer with a passion for quality, good design and clean code
- You have a broad interest in technology and can easily switch to any technology that fits the purpose
- You bring a solid knowledge of relational databases (preferably PostgresQL). All additional database technologies (graph databases, big data stacks, …) are a great advantage!
- You’re a master in build- and test-tools like Jenkins, Gradle, JUnit, Mockito …
- You have experience working with Hibernate, Spring, IntelliJ IDEA IDE.
- Knowledge of Apache Kafka, ElasticSearch, Docker, Kubernetes, Apache Spark, graph databases, and database model optimization are a huge plus!
- You’re passionate about creating and finishing new things
- You love challenges and problem solving and have no fear for the unknown
- You are Agile-minded and have a positive mindset
- You put quality first
- You’re fully capable of working in English
- You are disciplined, flexible and willing to learn and improve
What you can expect from us:
- Competitive compensation, and private company equity
- Inclusive benefits package allowing enrollment of dependents and partners
- A flexible culture that understands the importance of quality of work over quantity
- An opportunity to work with a diverse, global community of 600+ Collibrians across 18 countries, united by our value of open, direct, and kind
- A culture of company-wide collaboration and shared success.
- Company supported and employee driven resource groups that promote diversity, career development and empowerment
- Learning and development programs to advance your career and personal growth
- Corporate social responsibility initiatives with global reach
- Regular recognition, feedback, and open communication across all levels
- Team building, bonding, mentorship and support to grow confidence, trust and friendships
- Fully stocked kitchens, biweekly catered lunches, and regular social events for when we get back to the office. Until then, we’re finding new ways to stay connected and engaged.
Collibra is not currently accepting unsolicited assistance or resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms or agencies to Collibra or its employees, agents, directors or representatives in any form or method without a valid written agreement covering this position will be deemed the sole property of Collibra. No fee shall be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Collibra as a result of the referral or through other means.
Back to top