- Wroclaw, Poland
We're ushering in the era of Data Intelligence.
We’re shaping the way companies manage data by helping customers connect the right data, insights, and algorithms for all Data Citizens. When everyone across the organization is enabled with data, true transformation can take place. We are building a team of exceptional people to help us deliver on that promise. If you are interested in a career at the leading edge of technology, we look forward to hearing from you.
HOW YOU'LL IMPACT COLLIBRA:
We are a global data governance leader from Belgium, VC funded for over $130 Million. To support our current and future growth, we are looking for top-notch engineers who want to continuously improve our products while working closely with our product teams. We are an engineer-driven company where your talent is truly appreciated and maximized.
A DAY IN THE LIFE OF A FRONTEND ENGINEER AT COLLIBRA:
You’ll be building new features for the Collibra products, together with your team members (fellow developers, architects, QA engineers, a UX expert, a product manager and a product lead).
You'll share responsibility from beginning to end to deliver excellent quality software:
- Formulate and suggest new ideas and features to the team to further improve our product which is deployed on cloud (AWS) and on premises.
- Discuss technical solutions with your colleagues and the architecture team where necessary.
- Together with the other developers in your team, you’ll implement the new functionalities with a passion and emphasis for quality. You’ll then review the code changes from your peers and wait until the fully automated pipeline gets them into the main branch in Git.
- Closely interact with QA engineers to write the necessary tests, while quickly receiving feedback.
- Work with JIRA & Bitbucket to know where you are with your work and where the team is heading.
- Demo finished parts to your team, and if you would like, demo your work to the entire development and product teams (and in extent, the whole company) every month.
- Help organize development events on and off-site (i.e. React Wrocław Meetup, JUG Wrocław, Devoxx, SegFault).
- We have a flexible and friendly atmosphere in the office. In return, we expect responsibility for your tasks and taking up challenges.
- Occasional travel is involved (mainly to our second Engineering Office located in Brussels), but it is not mandatory.
WHY WE NEED YOU:
- You have at least 3 years of commercial experience with building scalable JS/web applications.
- You know very well at least two of the following technologies: React, Relay/GraphQL, Typescript, Jest, NodeJS, Webpack.
- You are a team player & fast learner.
- You are an open-minded person, and you can’t wait to help us make our product even better than the best.
- You have experience with large Web applications.
- You’re a master of OO principles, Design Patterns, functional programming and clean code principles.
- You’re passionate about creating and finishing new, perfectly crafted things.
- You love challenges and problem solving and have no fear of the unknown.
- You are Agile-minded and have a positive mindset.
- You can communicate in Polish and English.
- You are disciplined, flexible and willing to learn and improve.
WHY YOU WANT US:
- A fancy 900m2 office in Wrocław city centre (Pokoyhof Passage) with a free parking spot underground.
- A brand new MacBook Pro 15” and IntelliJ Idea.
- One of the best tech stack in Wrocław:
- Java 8, Spring, Hibernate, GraphQL, Groovy, Postgresql, Elasticsearch, Gradle, Kafka, Apache Spark
- React, Relay/GraphQL, Typescript, Jest, NodeJS, Webpack.
- Online subscriptions to egghead.io, Safari Books, LinkedIn Learning.
- A basic survival pack for any human being which includes:
- medical insurance - Luxmed,
- sports package - Multisport,
- life insurance - Aviva.
- We are flexible with office hours. One day a week you can work remotely.
- Ongoing opportunities to collaborate with fellow Collibrians globally for team meetings, trainings, and conferences.
- Take part in internal bi-weekly Innovation Days where you can try out and develop your ideas related to our product. There is also a possibility to contribute to open source.
- Bring the wildest and engaging themes to our Hackathon, where you can build whatever you want - the sky is the limit!
- Once a year you can choose any conference you would like to go (i.e. React Europe in Paris, React Amsterdam, JSConf Iceland, JSConf Budapest, React Native EU).
- Your growth is important to us! We provide optional weekly English lessons with a native speaker in the office!
- As a company, we appreciate your mental and physical well being as well, so you can improve your ping pong / Oculus Rift / PlayStation skills on a 300-inch screen on the wall in the office ;)
- Not enough? No worries, we have more:
- Bi-weekly catered lunches.
- Fresh fruits, free sweets, soft drinks and beer.
- Did we mention happy hour?
- Lots of fun and exciting challenges, so see you soon!
- And of course, competitive benefits, compensation and equity.
Back to top