Cloud Operations Engineer
- Brussels, Belgium
We're Ushering a New Era of Data Participation. Interested?
We’re shaping the way companies manage data by helping customers connect the right data, insights, and algorithms for all Data Citizens. When everyone across the organization is enabled with data, true transformation can take place. We are building a team of exceptional people to help us deliver on that promise. If you are interested in a career at the leading edge of technology, we look forward to hearing from you.
How you'll make an impact at Collibra:
As our Cloud Operations Engineer, you'll facilitate running our products in our own cloud environment, so customers can make use of Collibra platform. You'll be responsible for automating tasks, and work towards a total self-service system for internal teams. You'll be involved in the creation of our new Cloud Native platform hosted on Kubernetes that will give Collibra the next push for the future.
A day in the life of a Cloud Ops Engineer at Collibra:
You’ll be responsible for a wide range of tasks, including:
- Maintain and monitor the cloud production infrastructure where our customers use our product
- You will play an essential part in developing our new cloud native platform that will be run on top of Kubernetes
- Architect new infrastructure solutions that Collibra needs to move forward, going for open-source solutions first
- Automate as much as possible
- Ensure quality from an Operations point of view
- Work closely with our Support Team to streamline the processes and help the customer with their demands as efficiently as possible
You’ll also be working with the following technologies:
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Google Cloud (GCP)
- SignalFX and Datadog monitoring
- Up to 1 year of experience deploying and creating applications on a cloud provider as well as running Web Applications.
- Fast and agile learning skills, being able to adapt quickly as our technology stack increases to meet new challenges.
- You’re passionate about cloud engineering and are always on the lookout for new things to learn and apply.
- You have some experience with administering a linux operating systems and you understand how web applications work
- You recognize that the real reason why automation and programming is needed to run infrastructure at scale
- You have a Devops mindset - you embrace the idea that we are the enablers of the company, and it is our duty to trust our people and share our knowledge to our developers, product and sales people.
- Flexibility to work outside of working hours, periodically, for on-call issues.
- Strong verbal and written English language skills
- A friendly and rapidly growing environment where your input will be valued and your growth fostered
- Ongoing opportunities to collaborate with fellow Collibrians globally for team meetings, trainings, and conferences
- Flexible hours- quality > quantity
- Bi-monthly catered lunches, in addition to meal vouchers. Never go hungry again!
- Did we mention happy hour?
- A spacious office easily accessible from Brussels, Antwerp, Ghent, etc. and a company car or a competitive mobility budget to get you there
- A brand new state of the art laptop
- And of course, competitive benefits, compensation and equity.
Collibra is not currently accepting unsolicited assistance or resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms or agencies to Collibra or its employees, agents, directors or representatives in any form or method without a valid written agreement covering this position will be deemed the sole property of Collibra. No fee shall be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Collibra as a result of the referral or through other means.
Back to top