Collective Health is seeking an enthusiastic Telephony Architect with a passion for design, implementation, and maintenance of corporate, and call center technologies. You will collaborate with product, operations, and technical teams to design a visionary end-to-end telephony experience, while engineering and engaging with our internal VoIP infrastructure. We expect you to have established architectural and IP network experience, and exceptional telephony skills, with a particular emphasis on creating an extraordinary SIP powered end user experience.
Collective Health is on a mission to revolutionize health care. With a team of healthcare experts, engineers, data scientists and designers - think of us as a smart replacement to your traditional health insurance carrier.
We’re not building another health app or gadget—we’re building a complete solution to replace your employer health insurance; all while delivering the health care experience that people deserve.
Our team owns corporate IT - employee and other IT infrastructure at Collective Health, which are critical to keep the company running. We have a company wide footprint – we interact with almost every employee, understand their workflow and assist them make it more efficient. As a part of the IT team, you will be the front face of IT department for internal customers.
You will own telephony infrastructure, working with key vendors to maintain and architect a modern telephony experience . You display the people and communication skills necessary to understand issues faced by employees, work closely with Engineering and Operations, explain IT concepts in simple terms and improve everyone's relationship with the tools & services they need.
- Minimum of 3 years of hands-on experience managing a VoIP telephony platform
- Demonstrated experience and expertise designing and implementing of advanced contact center technologies and solutions, including call routing, IVR, voice services, call recording, reporting, desktop integrations, cloud services, messaging platforms, and customizations
- Strong expertise with VoIP standards, practices and processes
- Able to produce detailed telephony system designs including RoM budgeting, product selection matrices, configuration guides, and implementation planning
- Intense documentation skills, including supporting diagrams down to unde network topologies
- Strong root cause analysis skills to rapidly diagnose and mitigate telephony service interruptions and take action to prevent future occurrences
- Strong collaboration and relationship management skills working across business units, including technology, product, operations, and compliance, to imagine and define features and enhancements, meet evolving compliance requirements, enhanced high availability, and so on
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience
Bonus Points for:
- Proficiency with both Windows, and Unix-like operating systems
- Shell scripting skills considered a significant asset
- Relevant experience with Open Source and / or enterprise telephony solutions (Asterisk, SER, Cisco CallManager, Interactive Intelligence)
- Hands-on experience and expert-level troubleshooting of RTSP call flow, VoIP deployments, and SIP or AIX trunking in a growing multi-vendor environment
Collective Health is a technology company working to create the healthcare experience we all deserve. Founded in 2013, our team of engineers, designers, product managers, and actuaries are redefining the $1 trillion-dollar market of employer-sponsored health benefits with data-driven and people-focused products. Our complete health benefits solution helps great companies like Activision Blizzard, Zendesk, and Palantir take care of their people by harnessing the power of design and technology. Based in San Francisco, CA, we’re backed by some of the best investors in Silicon Valley including Google Ventures, Founders Fund, NEA, and Redpoint Ventures. For more information, visit us at https://www.collectivehealth.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to top