Staff Accountant - Corporate Accounting
Collective Health is on a mission to make it effortless for organizations and their people to understand, navigate and pay for their healthcare. Collective Health combines technology, design, and a human touch to allow benefits teams to deliver a truly enjoyable healthcare experience to their employees while also equipping benefits teams and their consulting partners with the data and insights necessary to help develop effective and efficient benefits strategies. Backed by the same investors behind SpaceX, Airbnb, Palantir and Slack, our team brings together domain experts — engineers from NASA, product managers from Facebook, actuaries from Blue Shield and executives from Google — to reimagine health insurance with technology and design.
We are looking for a Staff Accountant to join the company’s Corporate Accounting team and support the company’s rapid growth. You will assist the team by improving controls and processes to meet our operational and reporting requirements that will help scale and shape our business. This position, which reports to the Corporate Accounting Manager, will work on a number of accounting functions, including but not limited to, processing invoices, preparing monthly journal entries and participating in the month-end close process.
Core Job Requirements:
- Responsible for day to day management of GL functions, such as cash, fixed assets, prepaid expenses etc.
- Prepare journal entries and monthly reconciliations
- Perform the processing and recording of accounts payable transactions, as well as managing vendor relationships
- Review and reconcile company credit cards, including collaborating across departments to obtain necessary support
- Assist with the year-end audit and regulatory filings
- Ad-hoc projects as assigned
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- Ability to work both independently and within a collaborative team environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical, teamwork and organizational skills
- Positive, enthusiastic energy with a desire to learn
- Bachelor’s degree (Finance or Accounting preferred) obtained by Summer 2018
- Understanding of GAAP
- 0 - 1 years of accounting experience
- Microsoft excel experience is required
- Private industry or Big 4 experience is a plus
- Excited to build a better health insurance company!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Meet Some of Collective Health's Employees
Senior Software Engineer
After a member visits their doctor or fills a prescription, Collective Health ensures members are billed accurately and providers are paid. Erica leads the development of the interface that enables the Operations Team to quickly and accurately process claims—ensuring money flows to the right people.
Back to top