Specialist, Collective Care Social Worker
Collective Health is transforming the way people experience healthcare. We are building a world-class team and an innovative technology platform for our members, employers, and partners. We believe that accuracy and efficiency are paramount to ensuring exceptional member and employer experiences. To accomplish this, we are reimagining the operational core of health insurance.
Collective Health is looking for a full time, experienced, and forward-looking telephonic social worker to guide and support members facing complex conditions driven by data, shaped by evidence-based best practices, and supported by world-class customer service. Our social workers are part of an interdisciplinary Member Advocate and Registered Nurse team located onsite at Collective Health’s office in San Francisco. The Social Worker will ensure that our members’ care is optimally coordinated.
We are looking for an expert social worker who is adept at navigating people-to-care resources. The Social Worker would be responsible for providing telephonic care management, including:
- Leading outreach efforts to high-risk individuals through telephonic and electronic outreach
- Completing telephonic social work assessments and care plans for patients enrolled in the program
- Educating and empowering members through multiple modalities including telephone and email
- Identifying and discussing current barriers related to member’s current condition, and provide interventions to address these barriers
- Providing emotional support, assisting with benefits and behavioral health navigation
- Furnishing education related to health benefit resources
- Utilizing motivational interviewing to assist members to become self sufficient
- Participating in clinical interdisciplinary rounds
- Working with member advocates and operations associates to assist with benefits and claims questions
- Working collaboratively with onsite and/or offsite Registered Nurses, on co-managed cases
- Working collaboratively with LCSWs, participating in social work case rounds and providing input for process improvement opportunities and resources for team
You would be a fit for the Social worker position at Collective Health if:
- You are an active CA ASW/MSW
- You do not require hours of supervision for licensure. Collective Health will not be able to provide supervision for clinical hours. Collective Health will not provide supervision or experience with Clinical Psychosocial Diagnosis, Assessment, Treatment, Individual or Group Psychotherapy.
- You are willing to work in a fast-paced, startup environment
- You have experience in case management; experience at a payer is a plus
- You are passionate, empathetic, and excited to help people
- You are independent, tenacious, and capable of identifying and implementing best practices
- You are capable of thinking creatively to implement care navigation solutions that challenge status quo
- You are driven, able to carry a caseload and prioritize to complete daily tasks and outreach
- You are tech savvy; able to talk, type, and navigate an electronic chart with ease
- You’re okay with working in a telephonic social work role (no direct/face to face patient contact)
- You are okay with a role that does not involve providing individual therapy
- You are a problem solver using best practices to achieve goals
- You are comfortable with ambiguity and open to collaborating with people across different teams
- You have experience at a health technology startup
- Additional Case Management Certification is a plus
- Discharge planning, complex care coordination, behavioral health, and/or home health experience preferred
- Oncology, behavioral health, autism, pediatrics, and/or maternity experience a plus
- A strong moral compass and commitment to Collective Health’s core values of integrity, transparency and trust
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Meet Some of Collective Health's Employees
Senior Software Engineer
After a member visits their doctor or fills a prescription, Collective Health ensures members are billed accurately and providers are paid. Erica leads the development of the interface that enables the Operations Team to quickly and accurately process claims—ensuring money flows to the right people.
Back to top