Software Engineer - Tools
Our API driven SOA stack is supported by multiple cloud services. As a part of the Tools team, you will help us with enhancing the development environment used by our engineers. The Tools team is deeply passionate about creating tools and systems that enable our engineers to build software in a reliable, scalable and efficient way.
Collective Health is on a mission to revolutionize health care. With a team of healthcare experts, engineers, data scientists and designers - think of us as a smart replacement to your traditional health insurance carrier.
We’re not building another health app or gadget—we’re building a complete solution to replace your employer health insurance; all while delivering the health care experience that people deserve.
Your Core Responsibilities:
- Define and execute our developer workflow and infrastructure strategy.
- Maintain and enhance our development environment, used by all engineering teams.
- Collaborate with team members, understand their processes and workflows, prioritize their ideas and innovations and develop improvements.
- Analyze and improve efficiency, reliability and scalability of development workflows and systems to help scale the company
If many or most of the following items apply to you, we'd love to talk!
- Deep understanding of version control systems.
- Ability to work effectively with groups throughout the organization.
- Fluency in Java or other object-oriented programming languages.
- Strong knowledge in Python or other scripting language.
- Working knowledge of Ansible, Chef, Puppet or similar configuration management tools.
- Experience working with Cloud networks (AWS).
- Experience writing and consuming REST APIs.
You get extra bonus points for:
- You have contributed to and managed open source projects.
- You have worked (or are very excited to work) with Docker based production workloads.
- You have managed Quay, npm mirrors, and platforms as a service.
- You have set up build tools such as bower, gulp, docker build, goxc, maven etc.
- You have built utility scripts with bash, NodeJS, Ruby, Python, Go, etc.
- Familiarity with Service Oriented Architecture and/or micro-services based architecture.
Meet Some of Collective Health's Employees
Head of Member Advocates
Theresa’s curiosity for problem-solving is a perfect fit for the Member Advocates Team because she finds ways to remedy whatever issues members might be experiencing.
Back to top