Software Developer in Test - Backend
Collective Health is looking for backend automation engineers to help strengthen and support our infrastructure. In this position, you will write code at a high level in order to automate testing our system.
You will be responsible for designing and implementing development and test infrastructure. Responsibilities include development and automation of our testing to help us verify that our product does what we believe it does and give us confidence that the product will meet our release standards.
Our SDETs write whitebox-style tests against API endpoints, and will help develop automated integration and end-to-end tests to supplement unit tests.
In addition, you will work across our code base in a cross-functional manner. Our entire development team believes strongly in TDD and every developer is required to write tests against their own code. You will collaborate with other teams to ensure that a product is testable and that the unit tests across the system are sufficient to meet the goals of reliability and security without crossing over into invasive and over-wrought.
A little about you:
- You think like a software engineer, with a passion for testing complex systems, test automation, and test driven development.
- You enjoy working with talented engineers and can influence system design for reliability, performance and testability.
- You enjoy people interaction and cross-collaboration with Engineering and Product
- You thrive in a dynamic, agile SCRUM, startup environment.
- Strong knowledge of object oriented programming, along with requisite coding and debugging skills
- In-depth knowledge and experience with software testing and automated test techniques with a strong focus on quality throughout the entire software development cycle
If most of the following apply to you, we'd love to talk!
- 3+ years of Software Test experience
- Experience with Java, Python or similar
- Experience with web app and JSON REST API testing
- Well versed with TestNG, JUnit, and other relevant technologies
- Working knowledge of continuous delivery practices
- Load testing experience
Collective Health is a technology company working to create the healthcare experience we all deserve. Founded in 2013, our team of engineers, designers, product managers, and actuaries are redefining the $1 trillion-dollar market of employer-sponsored health benefits with data-driven and people-focused products. Our complete health benefits solution helps great companies like Activision Blizzard, Zendesk, and Palantir take care of their people by harnessing the power of design and technology. Based in San Mateo, CA, we’re backed by some of the best investors in Silicon Valley including Google Ventures, Founders Fund, NEA, and Redpoint Ventures. For more information, visit us at https://www.collectivehealth.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Meet Some of Collective Health's Employees
Head of Member Advocates
Theresa’s curiosity for problem-solving is a perfect fit for the Member Advocates Team because she finds ways to remedy whatever issues members might be experiencing.
Back to top