Sales Consultant (Northern California)
Collective Health is a software and services company creating the healthcare experience we all deserve. Its team of engineers, designers and actuaries are starting by redefining the $1 trillion-dollar market of employer-sponsored health insurance with data driven products. Using Collective Health's complete health insurance solution, companies can design, administer and transform the consumer experience of health insurance by harnessing the power of design and technology.
As a Sales Consultant at Collective Health, you will utilize your sales acumen to connect directly with prospective customers as you guide them through a consultative sales process focused on building trust, sharing best practices, and enabling them to provide the best healthcare experience to their employees. You will employ effective selling strategies to position Collective Health as an alternative to traditional TPA and benefits solutions. You will be selling into an established budget and your efforts will directly fuel Collective Health’s growth engine.
If you are a proven sales professional looking for an opportunity to grow and execute against significant revenue opportunities while making a positive impact on the healthcare industry alongside a talented team of professionals from organizations like Mercer, Stanford School of Medicine, Google, and Oracle, you are a perfect fit for Collective Health.
- Helps RVP manage hygiene and timeliness of Salesforce account and opportunity data. Provides content and support for pipeline/deal reviews
- Owns specific tasks and activities as part of the sales process, including supporting initial review of RFP. Supports timely delivery of RFP responses and follow ups
- Can successfully craft responses to RFP and follow up questions with appropriate positioning independently
- Develops presentation content in partnership with RVP. Structures agendas thoughtfully and utilizes team members effectively
- Prioritizes effectively across sales-related, project-related, and team-related activities and tasks. Never misses deadlines
- Advocates for prospects/clients with cross-functional teams and in Deal Desk discussions with guidance
- Helps manage business component of the Sales handoff
Field / channel engagement
- Has a defined role in external sales meetings that adds value. Asks insightful and probing questions
- Analyzes prospects’ business goals and forms effective business relationships with prospect and channel partners
- Controls scope and feasibility of sales conversations. Is well-versed in product offering and features, functionalities and roadmap
- Acts as product and technical expert in field sales conversations and presentations, including product demonstrations
- Provides channel support to drive key sales and marketing activities (meetings, calls, events, etc.)
- Comfortable presenting and holding sales-related conversations and discovery calls independently. Polishes presentation skills and learns effective selling strategies to position product, with a focus on value-based, consultative solution selling
- Nurtures warm leads effectively and learns to network with the channel
Internal collaboration / partnership
- Builds relationships with key internal teams and masters role in processes for quoting with networks, RFPs, plan design, and implementation
- Contributes to internal knowledge sharing through effectively packaging and structuring deal updates and market feedback for Commercial and broader Collective team
- Serves as liaison between the field and Product and Operations teams. Clearly identifies product needs and gaps and addresses them by driving prioritization with other departments. Ensures smooth transition from Sales to Implementation and Client Success
- A seasoned, experienced health benefits professional with a full understanding of sales as it relates to self-funded employer health benefits
- Typically requires a minimum of 5 years of consulting/brokerage, in-house HR/benefits, or Collective Health experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 3 years and a Master’s degree
- Resolves a wide range of issues in creative ways
- Understands key market and regulatory dynamics of the industry segment
- Displays strong project management skills. Documentation and packaging/delivery back to the team are superior
- Proficient in Salesforce
- Passes Collective Health sales certifications
- Gives and receives feedback professionally
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to top