We are looking for a Plan Accountant to join our accounting and plan operations team. This is a unique role in that the Plan Accountant will work the plan accounting side of the business to run the day to day accounting operations for our health plan customers. Collective Health administers self-insured health plans for employers and in doing so manages accounts that pay claims and other health insurance expenses on behalf of the employer (our customer). The Plan Accountant will perform all accounting functions for these funds, such as preparing monthly journal entries, perform the month-end close process and reconciling bank accounts. The Plan Accountant will report to the Plan Accounting Manager and work closely with them to develop our processes and procedures for the upcoming plan year.
Collective Health is backed by some of the top investors in Silicon Valley and is on a mission to change how we think about health insurance.
Core Job Requirements:
- You will perform plan accounting month end close and prepare accurate and timely financial information for customers
- You will be responsible for day to day management of customer funds
- You will prepare journal entries and weekly reconciliations for customer accounts
- You will collaborate with internal teams to produce and continue to improve customer- and partner-facing reports
- You will assist in developing and documenting a robust audit policy capable of meeting annual and SOC 1 audits, in addition to ad hoc audits from customers and partners
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- Bachelor's degree (Finance or Accounting preferred)
- Solid foundation of accounting knowledge and understanding of GAAP
- 1 - 2 years of accounting experience, including experience at a Big 4 (CPA strongly preferred)
- Private industry experience is a plus
- Experience at a high growth startup preferred
- Excited to build a better health insurance experience!
Collective Health is a technology company working to create the healthcare experience we all deserve. Founded in 2013, our team of engineers, designers, product managers, and actuaries are redefining the $1 trillion-dollar market of employer-sponsored health benefits with data-driven and people-focused products. Our complete health benefits solution helps great companies like Activision Blizzard, Zendesk, and Palantir take care of their people by harnessing the power of design and technology. Based in San Francisco, CA, we’re backed by some of the best investors in Silicon Valley including Google Ventures, Founders Fund, NEA, and Redpoint Ventures. For more information, visit us at https://www.collectivehealth.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to top