We all depend on healthcare throughout our lifetimes, for ourselves, and our families and friends, but it is notoriously difficult to navigate and understand. As an industry that comprises 20% of the US economy we think healthcare should work better for all of us. At Collective Health we believe it’s time for a new day in healthcare where as members we are informed and empowered to make the right care choices when the decisions are urgent and critical.
Collective Health is growing its Member Services team in Lehi, Utah! As part of our Member Services team, each Member Claims Associate operates core processes to run our employer-sponsored medical plans and assists our members with some of their most complex claims issues. Member Claims Associates gain a comprehensive understanding of medical plan operations—processing medical claims accurately, ensuring medical claim's timeliness, researching and responding to complicated member issues, and handling the sophisticated details related to regulatory requirements, our network partner relationships, and medical coding. Member Claims Associates do all this with the lens of continuing to delight our members as part of the Member Services Team.
As a Member Claims Associate, you can expect to learn and become a professional in the payer-side of healthcare. With the support of our established and knowledgeable teams across both Lehi and San Francisco, you will be an integral part of scaling our operations and collaborating on a growing team at the forefront of redefining the healthcare industry.
What you’ll do:
- Execute the day-to-day operations of a health plan, including processing medical claims, researching and responding to our members’ most complicated questions, tracking your accuracy and timeliness around core metrics, and troubleshooting the many operational challenges that affect our business
- Be part of the team that is continually adapting to optimize efficiency and scalability
- Think critically and strategically to continually boost teamwork and communication across offices
- Gain additional skills and knowledge across different areas of our business over time
- Develop in-depth industry expertise in the healthcare economy
- Cultivate a culture that aligns with Collective Health values and incorporates the unique aspects of our team
- Above all, you are self-motivated, intellectually curious, and take ownership for everything you do
- You pay extreme attention to detail
- You are a fast learner and can become proficient with a large volume of information quickly
- You are a committed team player
- You are excited to build and adapt to the adventures of working on a rapidly growing team
- You thrive on change and are passionate about being a part of a fast-growing company
- You possess a passion for Collective Health’s mission to transform the health insurance experience for employers and their employees
Nice to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or 0-2 years of work experience in a high-performance organization
Founded in 2013, Collective Health has created an ecosystem of innovative partners across care and benefits delivery, as well as built a powerful and flexible infrastructure to better enable employees and their families to understand, navigate, and pay for healthcare. By reducing the administrative lift of delivering health benefits, providing an intuitive member experience, and improving health outcomes, the company guides employees toward healthier lives and companies toward healthier bottom lines. Collective Health is headquartered in San Mateo, CA with locations in Chicago, IL, and Lehi, UT. For more information, please visit collectivehealth.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Collective Health is committed to providing support to candidates who require reasonable accommodation during the interview process. If you need assistance, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Collective Health requires that any employee who enters a physical workplace be verified as vaccinated or have received an exemption to vaccination. Candidates are not required to furnish such a verification during the application process but would be asked to do so prior to start date if they accept an offer for a role in which they would work at a Collective Health office or would meet regularly in person with clients.